It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pedaltrain Pro w/ Crocodile Tail Loop (OC-10), LEDs, & More
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:58 pm 

Our customer supplied only a few pedals, in which we sourced everything else. They play through either a EVH III 100w or a EVH 5150 III 50w. The One Control Unit can be programmed to switch the channels via either of these amps. The 4 pin XLR serves as a power out for when the customer wants to use their ABY switch and run their talk box. We provided a separate loom for the talk box application.

All powered via 3 Voodoo Labs Power Supplies. As you can see, quite a bit of wiring went into this board. All of the Switchcraft 380 plugs (used on the looper and some pedals) are potted with epoxy for reinforcement. Our Power Cables are all potted for extra strength as well. All instrument cabling is none other than our CA-0678 http://btpa.com/CA-0678.html. All plugs used are genuine Neutrik or Switchcraft. All in a custom case from Mental Case.

100% Custom - 100% Made in the USA

Post subject: Re: Pedaltrain Pro w/ Crocodile Tail Loop (OC-10), LEDs, & M
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:47 pm 

Im planning on getting an EVH 5150iii, currently I have a 6505+ that i built my own cable for to switch the channels from a Crocodile Tail. Is the pinout the same for both the 6505+ and the 5150iii? Right now I have it so I use loop 8(NO) on the Crocodile Tail for the lead channel and loop 9(NO) for crunch. Id be interested in buying both a cable for the 6505 and the 5150iii if thats something you guys sell. If so, what is the pricing. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:41 am 

i'm planning to make a snake for my pedalboard, any problem/noise running ac power with signal??

thank!

Marshall 1936
Guitars:
IBANEZ JEM PMC
IBANEZ RG550 Desert Yellow
EVH Wolfgang Vintage white
Jackson DK2M Pro Red

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:52 am 

black_vomit wrote:
Im planning on getting an EVH 5150iii, currently I have a 6505+ that i built my own cable for to switch the channels from a Crocodile Tail. Is the pinout the same for both the 6505+ and the 5150iii? Right now I have it so I use loop 8(NO) on the Crocodile Tail for the lead channel and loop 9(NO) for crunch. Id be interested in buying both a cable for the 6505 and the 5150iii if thats something you guys sell. If so, what is the pricing. Thanks!

Sorry for the delay! We did not see your response. That actually is incorrect. The 5150III is not wired the same as the 6505+. If you are using the 5150III 100 watt, you have to be careful when building/using a cable that goes into 1/4" connectors because of a shorting voltage. Give us a shout and we can help you out further.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:55 am 

modulo wrote:
i'm planning to make a snake for my pedalboard, any problem/noise running ac power with signal??

thank!

This is something that is reliant on much more than just running a power cable in a loom. Use of power conditioners, atmosphere you are in, variants in rig, etc. all play a factor.

What I will say is that we build cable looms daily with power built in them and have yet to have any of them returned or re-worked due to added noise with power. Technically, as long as everything is properly shielded and terminated there shouldn't be any issues. However in practice we know that this is not always the case.