Need assistance picking a power supply for high draw multi effects pedals and wireless

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
drdeath91

Need assistance picking a power supply for high draw multi effects pedals and wireless

Post by drdeath91 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:22 pm

Hi everybody. Total FNG here with a question that has probably been posted a few dozen different ways. After searching the interwebs as well as this forum, I'm trying to figure out if one of these power units would work for me (or at least mostly work for me) and what would be best. Here is what I'm needing to power:

Zoom G3X Multi effects pedal: DC9V center minus plug, 500 mA
Line 6 G30 Wireless 9V DC, 500mA, Center Pin: 2.1mm
Electro Harmonix OD Glove 9V 50mA center negative plug AC
TC Helicon Voice Live Play GTX 12V 400mA center negative

I'm trying to reduce the number of wall warts when gigging due to odd sizes, requiring two surge protectors to fit all of that plus a keyboard adapter and iRig Stomp I/O. The standard pedal and the Voice Live seem to be the easiest but its the other two that I'm running into an issue finding answers on. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Rez

Re: Need assistance picking a power supply for high draw multi effects pedals and wireless

Post by Rez » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:37 pm

I recommend one of these: Pedal Power Digital or Pedal Power 4 x 4.

Either supply can power all 4 specified pedals, but... Pedal Power 4 x 4 also gives you some spare outputs for the possibility of additional pedals in the future.

Note, the actual current draw of Zoom G3X Multi effects is less than 500mA... it can be powered from one of the 9VDC high current capacity (400mA) outputs.

Cheers!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support

drdeath91

Re: Need assistance picking a power supply for high draw multi effects pedals and wireless

Post by drdeath91 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:43 pm

Thank you very much! Those were the two I was looking at. Now I don't feel like I'll need to get a PhD in electrical engineering to get this figured out. I'm really glad you guys have your own support forum for this.

Rez

Post by Rez » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:52 am

Right on!

;)
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support