Splitter cable ground lifted issue

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
SSuperMac93

Splitter cable ground lifted issue

Post by SSuperMac93 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:29 pm

Hello.
Firstly I have to say that I am Italian so I could not be very precise with technical words, sorry!
Anyway, I've just bought a voodoolab splitter cable to make working two MXR pedal (phase 90 3mA and Analog Chorus 10 mA) using an output of voodoolab Pedal power 2 plus.
I don't know why it just doesn't work.
If I connect one pedal it works, but then if I plug in the other, they both turn off. I'm asking where I'm making mistake, 'cause the two pedals don't need more than 13 mA toghether and the outputs give 100 mA...
Need help, thank you!

Rez

Re: Splitter cable ground lifted issue

Post by Rez » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:52 am

Try testing the pedals with also the guitar/audio cables attached:

Guitar => Pedal 1 => Pedal2 => Amp

Any better?
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support

SSuperMac93

Post by SSuperMac93 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:20 pm

I tried also with guitar and amp, but it doesn't work. I thought could be have some issues with the mass of the building or similar.
Anyway, thanks for your advice! 😊😊

Rez

Post by Rez » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:41 am

For both leads of the output splitter to work it is critical is that both effect pedals are connected with the guitar/audio cable, ie: Pedal 1 OUT => IN Pedal 2

Beyond that... perhaps test individually each of the cables being used with the splitter (ie. test them without the splitter) merely to confirm that each cable is working properly.

Are both of these cables working?
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support