Help powering pedals

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
Pinnecks

Help powering pedals

Post by Pinnecks » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:27 pm

Hello I was wondering about the best solution to power my pedals without any issue. My problem is that I have a lot of high power pedals.

My signal chain looks like this:

Boss TU-3w
Boss SY-300 (Looking into getting an SY-1000)
Meris Enzo
Truetone Jekyll & Hyde
Boss PH-1r
Eventide Pitchfactor
Dunlop Echoplex (or a Boss RE-20 Space Echo)
Line 6 Echo Park
Strymon Big Sky
Red Panda Tensor
Digitech Whammy Ricochet
Deadbeat Sound Playback

I have a Pedal Power Mondo and want to know which ports I should plug each of these pedals into. Or if perhaps I have too many pedals for the Mondo to power. Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Thanks again!

Danny D

Re: Help powering pedals

Post by Danny D » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:11 pm

I have a Mondo on a medium Dingbat but have no where near the exotic pedals you have. With that said, I can't offer any advice except to study the Mondo manual and do your research about the requirements of each pedal.

Danny

Rez

Re: Help powering pedals

Post by Rez » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:18 pm

If you power the Boss SY-1000, from the AC courtesy outlet, you can power them all. Note, alternate pedals are indicated with an *.

To power these:

Boss SY-300
Strymon Big Sky

each, use a 9VDC high current capacity (400mA) output with one of the all black (standard polarity) cables supplied.

To power the Eventide Pitchfactor use a 9VDC high current capacity (400mA) output with the supplied red/black ended cable (it's 2.1mm/2.5mm reverse polarity and the red end fits the effect pedal).

To power these:

Red Panda Tensor
Digitech Whammy Ricochet
Dunlop Echoplex

each, use a 9VDC high current capacity (400mA or 250mA) output with one of the all black (standard polarity) cables supplied.

To power the Meris Enzo use a Current Doubler Adapter, part# PPAP in any two 9VDC outputs with one of the all black (standard polarity) cables supplied.

To power these:

Boss TU-3w
Truetone Jekyll & Hyde
Boss PH-1r
*Boss RE-20 Space Echo
Line 6 Echo Park
Deadbeat Sound Playback

each, use any 9VDC output with one of the all black (standard polarity) cables supplied.

*To power the Boss SY-1000 use a Current Doubler Adapter, part# PPAP in any two 9VDC high current capacity (400mA) outputs with one of the all black (standard polarity) cables supplied. Or, power the SY-1000 from the AC courtesy outlet with its adapter/wall-wart.
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support