It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Current Doubler Adapter cable (p/n PPAP)
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:24 am 

TheWoodenTable wrote:
I am trying to power a pedal that requires 12v / 250 mA using the PP2+ and have two questions...

1. If I use a current doubler on 5+6 with switches set away from normal, will the unregulated supply lead to sending a higher voltage than 12v to the 250mA pedal, and should I be concerned about this?

2. Can I use a current doubler on 4+5 with switches set away from normal to get 12v/260mA or will this be dangerous due to the difference in regulation between those outputs?

What is this mystery pedal?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:22 pm 

It's a GFI System Wavelogic MkII- discontinued and not very well known.

From the manual:

"WL-MKII is powered using an external +12VDC power source capable of delivering 250 mA of current. If a 12VDC power source is not available, you can use a regulated 9VDC power source, with a slight reduction in headroom."

I'm hoping to get it the 12v, but it's way more convenient for me powering my board if I don't have to use 5+6.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:52 am 

TheWoodenTable wrote:
It's a GFI System Wavelogic MkII- discontinued and not very well known.

From the manual:

"WL-MKII is powered using an external +12VDC power source capable of delivering 250 mA of current. If a 12VDC power source is not available, you can use a regulated 9VDC power source, with a slight reduction in headroom."

I'm hoping to get it the 12v, but it's way more convenient for me powering my board if I don't have to use 5+6.

I'd bet that you would be perfectly fine to power this from Output 5 or 6 with the corresponding DIP Switch set away from Normal using a single cable rather than having to combine any outputs.

I hope that helps!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7