21 pedals ! Pedal Power MONDO !!

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
Sputnik33

21 pedals ! Pedal Power MONDO !!

Post by Sputnik33 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:12 pm

21 pedals !!! Pedal Power MONDO !!

I JUST BUY MONDO TODAY !
Now the Big Problem !

I have a bunch of 21 pedals that I’ve been wondering into which port do I plug them into my Mondo.

can i use Mondo one output for 3 pedals ?
Im going to have Noise ? Ground loops and other bad things ?
The chain looks something like this:

Buzz Electronics True Bypass 5 Looper 30mA 9V
Buzz Electronics True Bypass 3 Looper 30mA 9V
Lovetone Meatball 100mA ? 12V
Lovetone Big Cheese 100mA ? 12V
Deluxe Memory Man 100mA 24V
EHX Micro POG 200mA 9V
Fulltone Fat Boost 5 mA 18V
Strymon Timeline 300 mA 9V
Line 6 Verbezilla 100mA 9V
MXR Super Comp 3.3 mA 9V
Vox Cooltron Brit Boost 120 mA 9V
Vox Cooltron Big Ben Overdrive 120 mA 9V
Radial Twin City 100mA 12V
BOSS GE-7 Equalizer 7 mA 9V
Other BOSS GE-7 Equalizer 7 mA 9V
BOSS OD-2R Turbo OverDrive 16 mA 9V
BOSS BF-2 Flanger 18 mA 12V ACA
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensamble 20 mA 9V
Boss TR 2 Tremolo 19 mA 9V
Boss DS 1-X 45 mA 9V
Boss NS 1 Noise Supressor 20 mA 9V

its possible Mondo capable power all pedals ? How ?

Mondo only have 12 Outputs !

Thanks

JohnClark

Re: 21 pedals ! Pedal Power MONDO !!

Post by JohnClark » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:59 am

You can certainly combine pedals onto a single output but you must first be sure that the combined Current Draw of the combined pedals cannot exceed the rated Maximum current for the output used.

There can be some drawbacks to doing this, but it depends on the pedals themselves. Isolated power outlets is like giving each pedal its own power supply. Combining multiple pedals onto one outlet now shares the power between the pedals and not all combinations of pedals play nice together so you would need to experiment with your exact setup. Our Output Splitter Adapter will power two pedals from a single output and will prevent a ground loop.
However, sine you have quite a few Boss pedals, I would probably start by combining them on a Boss Daisy Chain cable. In fact, you can run all eight of them from a single 250mA or 400mA output on a Mondo. Even the ACA pedal will be fine when used on the Daisy Chain.

You will probably need some doubler cables for a couple of your pedals. For instance the Deluxe Memory Man will need two 12V Outputs combined with our 2.5mm Voltage Doubling Cable. To get 18V for the Fat Boost you would likely want our Voltage Doubler Adapter OR since the Fat Boost accepts 9-18V, you can power it from a single Output at 9V, 12V, or by using output 5 or 6 away from Normal at about 17V.

Alternatively, with so many pedals, a second power supply would would probably be the best solution here ;)

I hope that helps!

Rez

Post by Rez » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:51 am

As Pedal Power Mondo has 12 isolated outputs, I would not expect to use it to power 21 pedals.

I recommend you use a second supply (also, you can use the Pedal Power Mondo AC courtesy outlet to power the additional supply).

That said... I do not recommend it but in theory you could power 21 pedals by also using 9 Output Splitter Adapters, part# PPAV and 9 additional cables.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the inquiry and please let me know if you would like further assistance.
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support

Sputnik33

Post by Sputnik33 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:01 am

Thank you very Mutch for Help me !!

i Have a Second Power Supply, but its a Cioks Double jack, is protected but is not Isolated !

the Problem its money, dont have more

The Mondo was very expensive, but its good and Fantastic !