It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Odd assortment of pedals that need power
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:50 am 

Tired of lugging around 6 power supplies and the mess it creates on my pedal board, it's time to invest in a voodoo power block.

Here's the list:
Source audio soundblox pro multiwave bass distortion
Source audio soundblox pro bass envelope filter
I believe the 2 above are 9v 300ma
Digitech bass whammy (AC 9v 300ma??)
Markbass super synth (I think it's 12v 500ma)
Moog Minitaur bass synthesizer (12v 500ma...not sure if it's AC or DC)
Markbass MB7 EQ/booster
EBS bass preamp

Which voodoo labs power supply should I get? The mondo?
Also, how will I run the 12v 500ma and 9v 300ma?
Thanks for the help!! Evan

Edit: trying to look up specs on the moog minitaur power...the manual says: 12v DC positive tip. Power consumption 7 watts. Does not specify miliamps. However the power supply that came with it, I'm pretty sure, is 500ma (I'm at work right now). But I read on the moog forum somebody posted that it needed 1200ma...wtf?!

Post subject: Re: Odd assortment of pedals that need power
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:56 pm 

Wow! I have to admit that I don't think any of our current supplies really fit too well with that assortment of stuff.

Here is what I can find on actual current requirements...

Your Source Audio pedals each require 9VDC at about 100mA, or 150mA if you also have the Hot Hand sensor connected.
The Bass Whammy... well the current model accepts 9VDC@265mA. It is probably much like the guitar model, but on the guitar model they actually specify that it is the 5th Generation. Does your Bass Whammy have the one metal "vacuum cleaner" stomp switch and a knob or does it have the two plastic footswitch pads with one at the top and one at the bottom?
The MarkBass Super Synth is 12VDC and the manual states a minimum of 550mA.
The MarkBass MB-7 accepts 9-12VDC and draws less than 100mA.
The Moog Minitaur accepts 12VDC and draws about 800mA.

What is the exact model of the EBS preamp?

Armed with a number of Current Doubler Adapters, you could probably do this with the Mondo, but I suppose it really all depends on the exact model of the EBS preamp and Bass Whammy you are running.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:51 pm 

JohnClark wrote:
Wow! I have to admit that I don't think any of our current supplies really fit too well with that assortment of stuff.

Here is what I can find on actual current requirements...

Your Source Audio pedals each require 9VDC at about 100mA, or 150mA if you also have the Hot Hand sensor connected.
The Bass Whammy... well the current model accepts 9VDC@265mA. It is probably much like the guitar model, but on the guitar model they actually specify that it is the 5th Generation. Does your Bass Whammy have the one metal "vacuum cleaner" stomp switch and a knob or does it have the two plastic footswitch pads with one at the top and one at the bottom?
The MarkBass Super Synth is 12VDC and the manual states a minimum of 550mA.
The MarkBass MB-7 accepts 9-12VDC and draws less than 100mA.
The Moog Minitaur accepts 12VDC and draws about 800mA.

What is the exact model of the EBS preamp?

Armed with a number of Current Doubler Adapters, you could probably do this with the Mondo, but I suppose it really all depends on the exact model of the EBS preamp and Bass Whammy you are running.

Hi John,
First off i would like to say BIG thank you for taking the time to help me out here. this is really some level 10 customer service and its kinda blowing me away that you go out of your way to individually help people with information on how to correctly power their pedals. I'm a bread baker by day and bass player by night, so all this electrical information is chinese to me, so your knowledge helps out greatly. Seriously, you're doing god's work here man!

i just got back home, so i have some better detailed info on the pedals:
the bass whammy is literally called just that, "bass whammy"...i dont see any other specific model name or number for it. the bass whammy has a sticker on the side that says, 9VDC 1300ma and the power supply is a 9VDC 1.3a
the pre amp is an EBS Micro Bass II. and the only info stated in the manual is: "EBS recommends the use of the EBS AD-9 DC power supply." however, i have just been powering it with the Boss TU-2 tuner daisy chain, and its been going strong. some googling leads me to believe that it only requires 9VDC 10ma
The Moog Minitaur is powered by a 12VDC 1200ma power supply at the moment (apparently i was tripping thinking it was only getting a 12VDC 500ma)
and yes, i am using the Hot Hand with the Source Audio envelope filter

here's a pic of the madness:[url]http://i.imgur.com/NzuNrkr.jpg/url]
http://i.imgur.com/NzuNrkr.jpg

thanks again, really appreciate this!

edit: just wanted to add that the TU-2 daisy chain is only powering the EBS pre amp and Markbass EQ, all the other pedals have their own personal power supply.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:26 pm 

Here is how I would set this up using a Pedal Power Mondo...

From Left to Right...
The Minitaur connected to the two High Current 12V outputs using a Current Doubler Adapter together with a Reverse Polarity Barrel Cable.

The Bass Whammy connected to a High Current 9V output using one of the included all black standard barrel cables.

The Soundblox Pro Bass Envelope Filter connected to the other High Current 9V output using one of the included all black barrel cables..

The Micro Bass 2, MB-7, and Soundblox Multiwave Bass Distortion Pro each connected to any of outputs "1-4" with the corresponding DIP switch set to Normal with each one using one of the included all black barrel cables.

The Super Synth connected to outputs 5 and 6, with the corresponding DIP switches set away from Normal, using a second Current Doubler Adapter together with one of the included all black barrel cables.. (While on paper this one is just outside the specified range, I believe there will be no problems powering it this way.)

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:56 pm 

Wondering has anyone had luck powering the Moog Minitaur with the PP+2 as suggested above or otherwise?