Sorry if this has already been addressed.

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
The Blue Letter

Sorry if this has already been addressed.

Post by The Blue Letter » Mon May 11, 2015 6:58 am

So I am currently in the process of rebuilding my rig (as I have posted in some other categories) and I recently just got a HEX to add to my pedal board. I want to be able to power my GCP via phantom power from the HEX and was just wondering what Pedal Power unit is capable of doing this. I currently have a PP2+ on there, but aren't all the outputs only capable of 100mA?

I saw that in the HEX manual it says that you would need a power supply with an output capable of supplying the 100mA to the HEX plus the amount that the GCP would need (but I didn't see how much the GCP current draw is) So if anyone can tell me that would be great.

The other pedals that I need to be able to power are:

Boss - SYB5 Bass Synth
Death By Audio - Robot
Line 6 - FM4
Boss - RC20XL
Boss - DD3
EHX - Freeze
TC Electronics - Polytune mini
and
a DIY made expression pedal selector (just need enough power to power two LED's)

So with that a PP2+ doesn't have enough outputs, and I am thinking I will either need to get an additional power supply or a different one.

So any suggestions on which would be the best solution would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again!
loud, louder, loudest

JohnClark

Re: Sorry if this has already been addressed.

Post by JohnClark » Wed May 13, 2015 11:56 am

You would want 500mA minimum when powering HEX and a Ground Control Pro. This would mean using a Current Doubler Adapter to combine two outputs. On a Pedal Power 2+ you would need outputs 5 and 6. On an ISO-5, 4x4, or Mondo you could combine one High Current output and one regular output, or two High Current outputs on a Digital, 4x4, or Mondo.

Adding a Digital to your existing Pedal Power 2+ setup would add four High Current outputs to your board.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------