Pedal Power 2 - AC for Whammy WH-1

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
cadair

Pedal Power 2 - AC for Whammy WH-1

Post by cadair » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi,
I have a Pedal Power 2 with six pedal attached to it.
One is a Whammy WH-1 which as far as I can tell has to be connected to AC. Im using the original Wall Wart.

When its plugged into the AC on the Pedal Power it creates a loud hum through the signal. If you move another pedal close to the Whammy it gets louder. If you move a pedal close to the Pedal Power it gets even louder. It causes all of the other peals to pop when their switches are pressed and the noise floor goes way up for every other pedal, especially the Wah, less so if the Whammy is removed from the signal and just powered.

Obviously the AC/ Wall Wart/ Whammy are causing some serious interference. Its totally unusable.

Is the courtesy AC not isolated? Why is this happening and what can be done?
Do I need to add some kind of capacitor or resister to my Whammy or use a different Wall Wart? Would a Pedal Power AC make a difference?
I may take it to Advanced Musical Electronics here in LA and see what they say. What a bummer!
Attachments
IMG_1482.JPG
IMG_1482.JPG (173.68 KiB) Viewed 656 times

JohnClark

Re: Pedal Power 2 - AC for Whammy WH-1

Post by JohnClark » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:10 pm

As a test, you can try plugging the Whammy's power adapter in using an extension cord to try to find if moving it away from the pedalboard solves the noise.