Pedal Power 2+ and FreqOut

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
Above60

Pedal Power 2+ and FreqOut

Post by Above60 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:51 am

Hi there, I am wondering if anyone else has had issues using the Freqout with the PP2+?

I am getting a faint buzz when the pedal is in the signal path, and I am using NORMAL in the 5th outlet. I spoke with a rep from DigiTech and he told me that the pedal draws 1300ma which I find very hard to believe.

Do I need a different power supply? I just bough the pp2+ and didn't anticipate this being a problem.

Any advice on what to do next would be appreciated!

JohnClark

Re: Pedal Power 2+ and FreqOut

Post by JohnClark » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:47 pm

The FreqOut does come with a power supply capable of providing 1300mA, but both the User Manual and the FreqOut website list the actual current draw as being under 250mA.

This should work correctly from Output 5 or 6 with the corresponding DIP switch set to Normal using one of the included all black standard barrel cables.

Does it not have the offending noise when powered using the original power supply? Have you tried it solo with only the FreqOut connected to the Pedal Power as a test?

Let us know what you find!

Above60

Post by Above60 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:40 am

It's not any better, and seems to sound fine when I move back to the one-spot. I guess I can tear down the whole board and go one by one and see if that works. If it doesn't I'll be sadly disappointed. I'm not sure why it works one way and not the other. :|

Martino

Post by Martino » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:32 am

Is there any way to power a Frequout alongside a Whammy Ricochet and a Line 6 DL4 (Delay modeler) with a PP2? As far as I can tell they all need outputs 5 and 6 but just wondering if any of them could use a different output... or if I would be able to use a splitter lead on output 5 or 6 to power two of them.

If not possible, what type of power supply would I need to purchase?

Thanks,
Martino

Rez

Post by Rez » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:46 am

The option would be to power one of the three from the AC courtesy outlet with its adapter/wall-wart

Note, as each of the three requires more than 200mA, combing two 100mA outputs (using a Current Doubler Adapter, part# PPAP) will not suffice.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support