Daisy Chain 9v pedals with Pedal Power +2

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
billw24

Daisy Chain 9v pedals with Pedal Power +2

Post by billw24 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:53 pm

Sorry if this is a repeat question, but I could not find an answer in the forum.

My son bought me a Pedal Power +2 as gift a couple years ago. I had a few pedals then now I'm up to 11

Is possible to daisy chain 2 9v pedals or do I need to buy another power supply?

Pedals:
TC Electronic Polytune2 Tuner - 40mA - 9V
EVH Wah - 2mA - 9V
TC Electronic Spark - 40mA - 9V
Behringer Compressor/Sustainer CS400 - 30mA - 9V
Delta Lab Tube Overdrive - ?? - 9V
TC Electronic Afterglow Chorus - 100mA - 9V
EVH MXR 90 Phaser - 8.2 mA - 9V
EVH MXR Flanger - 35mA - 18V
Boss Acoustic Simulator AC-3 - 45mA - 9V
Boss Digital Delay DD-7 - 55mA - 9V

Boss Loop Station AC-3 - 70mA - 9V
Plan on using a separate power supply so can hook up to acoustic rig.

Thanks for any help.

JohnClark

Re: Daisy Chain 9v pedals with Pedal Power +2

Post by JohnClark » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:45 pm

You can use a couple of our Output Splitter Adapters to double up pedals on a single output.

You may need to experiment with pedal pairs that work well together, but if you make sure the combined current draw of the paired pedals does not exceed the capability of the output you use it should all be fine.

I hope that helps!

Armin Solo

Post by Armin Solo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:40 am

JohnClark wrote:You can use a couple of our Output Splitter Adapters to double up pedals on a single output.

You may need to experiment with pedal pairs that work well together, but if you make sure the combined current draw of the paired pedals does not exceed the capability of the output you use it should all be fine.

I hope that helps!

Hi,

I bought the splitter cable, however when only one of the females work. More over, when I plug in both pedals none of them work.

The pedals are an Analogman Chorus, and a TC Electronic Hypergravity. I have also tried to plug in my Shure Tuner/Wireless receiver with the same result.

I hope you can help me.

Rez

Post by Rez » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:51 pm

In order for the effect pedal powered from the output splitter adapter lead with the white stripe (ground lifted) to work, it needs to be also connected with the other effect pedals (including the effect pedal powered from the all-black splitter lead) via the guitar/instrument cables.

Until the instrument/guitar cables are connected as such, the effect pedal on the lead with the white stripe will not work.

This design is used intentionally to avoid contributing ground-loop noise.

;)
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support