Powering Soul Bender Clone

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
Peter_S

Powering Soul Bender Clone

Post by Peter_S » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:46 pm

I have a Soul Bender clone pedal from BYOC. It has a positive ground and I need to know if I can just use the standard black cable to power it. I'm 99% sure it's okay (see below), but I'd like to nail down that 1%.

The Soul Bender instructions have this warning:

"THIS PEDAL HAS A POSITIVE GROUND! YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE A SPECIAL POWER SUPPLY WITH REVERSE POLARITY, BUT YOU CANNOT USE THIS PEDAL ON A DAISY CHAIN WITH OTHER NEGATIVE GROUND PEDALS."

The Voodoo Plus 2 instructions, under the heading "Positive Ground Effects," says:

"...When you combine negative ground and positive ground effects in the same system, you must isolate power between them. Attempting to power both types of effects with a common ground (non-isolated) power supply or a daisy-chain cable will short the output of the power supply causing your effects to shut down and possibly damaging (sic) the power supply. Since Pedal Power's outputs are isolated, it will work fine."

So reassure me on my last 1% of doubt. I just use a standard black polarity center negative cable to power it, correct?

JohnClark

Re: Powering Soul Bender Clone

Post by JohnClark » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:47 pm

As it's own warning states "YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE A SPECIAL POWER SUPPLY WITH REVERSE POLARITY"... so it will be fine with the standard all black barrel cable from any output of your Pedal Power 2+ with the corresponding DIP Switch set to Normal, no problem!