Help Powering 11 Pedals...

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
DCSounds

Help Powering 11 Pedals...

Post by DCSounds » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:13 pm

Hi There,

I'm looking to power the following 11 pedals currently sitting on my NYC Pedalboard (Big Shot Deluxe Case); I'm listing them in order of connection on the board:

1) Boss TU-3
2) Xotic SP Compressor
3) Whammy 5
4) Crybaby GCB-95
5) Fulltone OCD
6) Big Muff
7) MXR Phase 90
8) MXR Analog Chorus
9) Boss DD7
10) MXR Reverb
11) Boss RC-2 Loop Station

I currently have a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus, and even though I've heard Daisy Chaining 1-3 pedals is fine (not sure how to do this/which would be best to daisy chain...), I'm a bit worried about the excess noise this might cause. I'm open to buying the ISO 5 if needed (I have the space on the board), but I was wondering if anyone might have some tips before I go back to the store 8-)

Would also appreciate any tips on keeping the wiring clean :lol: :lol:

DCSounds

Re: Help Powering 11 Pedals...

Post by DCSounds » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:20 pm

*Bump*

Rez

Post by Rez » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:47 pm

If you power your Whammy 5 from the DC outputs... two outputs will be required, setup:
To power the Whammy 5 with Pedal Power 2 Plus use a Current Doubler Adapter, part# PPAP in outputs 4 and 5 (or 6 and 7), DIP switches set normal and one of the all black (standard polarity) cables supplied. Or, you can power it from the AC courtesy outlet with its adapter/wall-wart.

As such, using also a second supply (such as Pedal Power ISO-5) is a good idea.

If however, you do wish to try powering pairs of pedals from individual outputs, you'll want to use our: Output Splitter Adapter, part{#} PPAV

And with additional outputs, you may also need additional: 2.1mm Standard Polarity Barrel Cables (if you've used all that were included with your power supply).

Cheers!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support

DCSounds

Post by DCSounds » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:18 am

Thanks! Just want to double check: the DD-7 can be plugged in anywhere or should it be plugged into one of the L6 ports?

Also: if I want to plug the MXR reverb into an Iso-5, do I need to plug it into any specific port?

Rez

Post by Rez » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:59 am

To power the DD-7 Digital Delay with Pedal Power 2 Plus, use any output, DIP switch set normal with one of the all black (standard polarity) cables supplied.

To power the M-300 Reverb with Pedal Power ISO-5, use its 9VDC high current capacity (400mA) output with one of the all black (standard polarity) cables supplied.

Cheers!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support