Superfuzz settings

Exchange tips and tricks to help you design the ultimate pedalboard.
Johnny Electriglide

Superfuzz settings

Post by Johnny Electriglide » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:11 pm

I just got the Superfuzz because it was reviewed as being able to duplicate the sound of the '68 Jordan Bosstone Fuzz. I had a DOD Vintage Fuzz that the microswitch went out on and hadn't used fuzz for a while. I just started getting into the great tone of Randy California, and I saw that he had checked it out back in 1996?(he died heroically 01-02-97) What are the correct settings to nail that tone? I think I have it, but want to make sure.
Otherwise it is a superior pedal to any fuzz I've owned before, and tonewise puts distortion pedals to shame. Can I register online like most other manufacturers do? :D 8-) :mrgreen:

JohnClark

Re: Superfuzz settings

Post by JohnClark » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:03 pm

The Superfuzz was in fact born from the Bosstone. The basic circuit is still there with only the two tone controls added. With the Tone in the middle and the Resonance all the way down, a Superfuzz is a Bosstone. You will still have to set the Volume and Attack to taste. ;) Don't be afraid to turn the Tone and Resonance knobs a bit. The Tone will boost or cut the mids and the Resonance will bring in a very low bottom end that is in more of a sub bass range. We do not currently have an online registration for products.

Shortly before his passing, we received a letter from the man himself praising our Bosstone and saying it was the exact sound he remembered from years ago when recording the Spirit albums. 8-)
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

Johnny Electriglide

Re: Superfuzz settings

Post by Johnny Electriglide » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:46 am

Thanks John! I love the harmonic feedback I can get with the resonance control through my Class A amps. :D