Amp Selector switching questions want to avoid tap dancing

Exchange tips and tricks to help you design the ultimate pedalboard.
liquidsmoke

Amp Selector switching questions want to avoid tap dancing

Post by liquidsmoke » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:09 am

Hello. I'm interested in this unit and would like to use it with 1 guitar and 2 amps. What I am wondering is if this unit can perform the following operations with only one stomp-

switch from amp a to amp b
switch from amp b to amp a
switch from amp a to both amps
switch from amp b to both amps
switch from both amps to amp a
switch from both amps to amp b

The idea is to run my very low tuned guitar into my half stack and bass combo, mostly for power chords and heavy riffing through both but also maybe for some bass line type parts just through the bass amp. I want to avoid having to stomp around and think a lot about switching while I'm playing.
If anyone who has this unit can help me out I would very much appreciate it.
Getting a bass player might be more ideal but that's one more person to deal with and I actually think this idea has potential.

JohnClark

Re: Amp Selector switching questions want to avoid tap dancing

Post by JohnClark » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:52 pm

The Amp Selector will not allow you to turn on multiple amplifiers at once with a single button push. With both switches set to On/Off mode you will get close but any scenario requiring both amps will require two button pushes.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

liquidsmoke

Post by liquidsmoke » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:49 pm

JohnClark wrote:The Amp Selector will not allow you to turn on multiple amplifiers at once with a single button push. With both switches set to On/Off mode you will get close but any scenario requiring both amps will require two button pushes.
But if one amp is already on and you just want also turn the other on as well, one push could do it right?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:40 am

That is true. If you have two On/Off switches with the first one On and the second one Off, it will only take turning the second one On to have both On at the same time.

One thing to think of... How did the first On/Off switch get into the On position?
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

liquidsmoke

Post by liquidsmoke » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:18 pm

JohnClark wrote:That is true. If you have two On/Off switches with the first one On and the second one Off, it will only take turning the second one On to have both On at the same time.

One thing to think of... How did the first On/Off switch get into the On position?
In the beginning there was only Off but then came the great and mighty On and the people rejoiced.

I want this thing.