putting together pedalboard

Exchange tips and tricks to help you design the ultimate pedalboard.
karl straub

putting together pedalboard

Post by karl straub » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:35 pm

I want to put together my first "real" pedalboard. I have a few different questions.

1. If I buy a pedal power supply and a pedalboard, can i decide later to add other items like the pedal switcher, etc.? i think i may want to get a switcher and/or commander after a while, but not at first.

2. if i'm using a power supply, can i run some effects (like fuzzface) on batteries, and the others with the power supply?

thanks!

karl

Desperado

Re: putting together pedalboard

Post by Desperado » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:27 pm

1. If I buy a pedal power supply and a pedalboard, can i decide later to add other items like the pedal switcher, etc.? i think i may want to get a switcher and/or commander after a while, but not at first.

It shouldn't matter as long as you have the space on your pedalboard to fit the pedal switcher and commander on the pedalboard. If you don't care about them being on-board, then it really won't matter. Just make sure that you leave one of your power taps (tap 5 or 6) available to feed the Pedal Switcher.

2. if i'm using a power supply, can i run some effects (like fuzzface) on batteries, and the others with the power supply?

It won't matter, you can run anything off of the board on a battery if you don't want to use the PP2. In most applications the way you power a pedal (as long as it's the correct voltage and mA rating) it does have an effect on the audio path or cabling that's going through your effects. Everything is isolated in the PP2, so you'll be just fine.

~Mason
VERTEX EFFECTS SYSTEMS
Custom Pedalboard Design
WEB: http://www.vertexeffectsystems.com
EMAIL: info@vertexeffectsystems.com

karl straub

Re: putting together pedalboard

Post by karl straub » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Thanks very much for quick reply.

it was exactly what i wanted to hear.

karl