PX8 Plus loop "insert"

Exchange tips and tricks to help you design the ultimate pedalboard.
pg7

PX8 Plus loop "insert"

Post by pg7 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:41 am

PX8-PLUS insert loop : 1.what are the common options of use please expand!!! Very poor instructions in manual other than "it interrupts the chain between loop 6 & 7 " whatever that means. I just purchased a unit and would like to plan my pedalboard layout and try different staightforward options !.
The "mystic" instructions makes me feel I should be an "initiate" with switching systems. I am not , this my first switcher and will most likely be for a long time given the outstanding quality of your products

JohnClark

Re: PX8 Plus loop "insert"

Post by JohnClark » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:39 am

The Insert provides a break in the series chain of loops. This allows you to use Loops 1-6 separately from Loops 7 & 8.
It might help to think of the Send as "Loop 6 Out" and the Return as "Loop 7 In".

This is most often used to facilitate running some pedals in front of an amp using Loop 1-6 while using Loops 7 & 8 for pedals in the Effects Loop of the amp.
Another use is to put a Volume Pedal in the Insert so it will be routed after any Overdrive or Fuzz effects.

What effects will you be running and how would you like them routed?

I hope that helps!

pg7

Re: PX8 Plus loop "insert"

Post by pg7 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:11 pm

Thank you for the response.
I am going to try both options and see.
Not yet received the unit and board .
I would like to make contact and pick your brain again for details.
Hope not to be too much of a bother. Thanks
I will be running a variety of Fuzz pedals , overdrive , univibe , compressor and a combo delay/reverb/rumble drive. Volume pedal and expression pedals available but I don't know how to best utilize them.