Eventide Pitchfactor with GCPro + GCX. How to change presets

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
matute78

Eventide Pitchfactor with GCPro + GCX. How to change presets

Post by matute78 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:52 pm

Hi everyone,
Im new here, my name is Matias, Im from Spain and sorry if my english is not very good.

here we go...
I'm trying to use my Ground Control to change channels on my marshall
JVM410C and change presets on my Eventide Pitchfactor simultaneously.
I use the GCPro with a GCX.
I'm going from the GCP into the GCX, then out to the Pitchfactor. The
GCP is set to activate individual pedals from 1 to 8 and then the next 4
for presets. when I step on the GCP to activate individually the
Pitchfactor it works fine, they do switch, I can activate the
Pitchfactor and the Amp channel. I just want them to switch to a
preset I choose from the Pitchfactor.
I can't seem to get the Pitchfactor to change properly. I know this
is due to me doing something wrong. I just don't know what that is.

I see a post of a guy that has the same problem and his last post he said he contacted Ben Resnick and he gave him the solution, but he didnt mention How :(

Thanks very much in advance for your time.

nyteowl

Re: Eventide Pitchfactor with GCPro + GCX. How to change pre

Post by nyteowl » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:47 am

Welcome to the board, and no worries, your English is just fine.

Have you defined each of your MIDI Devices as described in the section entitled
SETUP MODE, beginning on Page 6 of the GCPro User's Manual? If I understand correctly, you have two MIDI Devices, your JVM410c, and your Pitchfactor. You didn't indicate where the JVM410c is in your MIDI chain, but if this were my rig I would run the GCX MIDI Out to the Marshall MIDI IN and the Marshall MIDI THRU to the PitchFactor MIDI IN. Then, following the instructions on Pages 6 & 7 of the User's Manual, I would configure the JVM410c as MIDI Device 1 on Channel 1, and the Pitchfactor as MIDI Device 2 on Channel 2 on your GCPro, and then make sure both devices have been programmed to respond on their respective MIDI Channel.

Once you've done that you'll need to program your GCPro Pre-Sets to tell your MIDI Devices what you want them to do. The section entitled
EDIT PRESET begins on Page 16 of the GCPro User's Manual, but what you want is the section entitled ASSIGNING MIDI PROGRAM CHANGES on Page 17. Those instructions explain how to edit your GCPro Pre-Sets so they will call up the desired pre-set numbers on the JVM410c and Pitchfactor.

This ought to do the trick. Let us know how you make out.

I am not affiliated with Voodoo Lab in any way, but enjoy sharing what little MIDI and signal routing knowledge I have. If you find my assistance helpful, please pay it forward.

matute78

Re: Eventide Pitchfactor with GCPro + GCX. How to change pre

Post by matute78 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:33 am

Hi,
Thanks very much for your help nyteowl!
Sorry for the delay, but I was trying to solve this problem in my free time and finally I find how to do it.
My rig is like you mentioned, the GCX MIDI Out to the Marshall MIDI IN and the Marshall MIDI THRU to the PitchFactor MIDI IN.
Basically, I set the GCPro and Pitchfactor (PF) on channel 2, and then went to the system menu on PF, MIdi, RCV MAP and there I set for example the PF preset 2:1 to program 4. This mean that when I select my preset 4 on my GCPro it calls the 2:1 preset of the PF.
Hope I explained it good so anyone can use this post for help.
Kind regards