Control switcher

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Adam

Re: Control switcher

Post by Adam » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:52 am

Hello. I have a small problem. I bought switxher and I would like to control the channels of my engl powerball amplifier. When I try to save the setting, i.e. press button no1 and no4, it does not save the setting but changes the channel. Am I doing something wrong? What cables does I need? Maybe I have something wrong?I would like to add that I would like to control the channels in the engl using the ax8 + voodoo lab control switcher. Maybe I have wrongly set or connected. could someone help me?

JohnClark

Re: Control switcher

Post by JohnClark » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:33 am

If the Control Switcher isn't saving the preset it indicates that it didn't first receive a MIDI Program Change on its assigned MIDI Channel, or it simply isn't set up to respond to Program Change yet.

We can help get you going, but we will need to know two things first...
1. Is your Control Switcher the version with the Black pushbuttons or the newer model with the light up Red pushbuttons?

2. Are you sure the AX-8 is setup so it will send a MIDI Program Change and can you tell us what MIDI Channel it is set to use for these Program Changes?