How to program GCP/GCX and multiple Synergy SYN-2 preamps?

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
chewie70

How to program GCP/GCX and multiple Synergy SYN-2 preamps?

Post by chewie70 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:17 pm

Hi everyone! I recently purchased a GCP and GCX to control my rack, and am having issues trying to control my multiple Synergy SYN-2 preamps. I'm currently running (2) SYN-2's with 4 modules (8 channels), and had initially hoped that I could use the GCP to switch the GCX on one bank, and switch the SYN-2 channels on another bank. I currently have the GCP setup to do 10 instant access buttons/4 presets, and have the GCX working (I think?), but am at a wall. I'm new to MIDI when it comes to controlling more than one device, but think I could figure out how to program the rest of my rack, if I could just get past this hurdle. I'd really like to be able to keep all of the SYN-2 channels on a single bank.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone has any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks for great and informative forum,

Matt

Marlboro05

Re: How to program GCP/GCX and multiple Synergy SYN-2 preamps?

Post by Marlboro05 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:13 pm

Hi there,
How are you running these in the audio path? Are you using the GCX to switch between them? Are you running 2 together? Are you running pedals before and after the preamps?

Give us some more info and I’ll see what I can help you with.

You need to add the devices to the GCPro and have them on different Midi channels etc.
GCPro, GCX, Pedal Power 2+, Pedal Power AC.
And some other stuff.