? Need help on ground control & gcx

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
L. Linz$

? Need help on ground control & gcx

Post by L. Linz$ » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:05 am

Any one. Help. Want to purchase ground control @ gcx. ? I have a 11 rack processor & a digitech gsp1101 and some pedals. Can ground control with gcx run all this .. preset switching, preamp switching, and all if so was wondering how to connect all this to a return of a marshall jcm2000 dsl 100. Would love to be able to run amp itself & preamps for different choice of tones... or possibly into a rocktron velocity. Just dont know how to wire it all up. Dont want to make mistakes. Thanks Really hope i can do all this.

JohnClark

Re: ? Need help on ground control & gcx

Post by JohnClark » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:30 am

Yes the Ground Control Pro can handle all the MIDI communication and the GCX can do the physical switching to select between preamps.

Here is an example of using GCX Loops to select between three Preamps.
http://www.voodoolab.com/gcxdiagrams/04 ... werAmp.pdf
In this setup Loops 1 and 2 are working as a pair of A/B switches to select the Output of the desired Preamp. You could switch the Eleven Rack, GSP1101 and the preamp section of your DSL 100 in this manner.
If you wanted to run Mono, you could route to the FX Return of the DSL 100, or for a stereo setup you could run to your Velocity poweramp.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

L. Linz$

Post by L. Linz$ » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:22 am

Thanks for your reply. How big of a project or pain in the ass is it to program all this. And rigged like this can i switch to any preset on either of the preamps or channel switch and use the amp only and channel switch ? Ideas rollin in my head. LOL

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:20 am

Programming isn't too difficult and we can help you thru if you can call us while you are with the gear. There is even this Ground Control Pro Editor for easier programming, however it will require you have a MIDI Interface and any program that will handle MIDI Bulk Memory Dumps.

Once set up you will be able to program presets that enable only the gear you want to her at that moment, and set the MIDI devices to the sound you want them to make. Preset Edit mode makes it reasonably simple to audition sounds on the active MIDI devices too.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------