Older ground control

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Droidnoise

Older ground control

Post by Droidnoise » Wed May 22, 2019 9:21 am

Wondering how one would clean the footswitch contacts on the old style ground control unit.

JohnClark

Re: Older ground control

Post by JohnClark » Wed May 22, 2019 2:43 pm

An Electronics Cleaner spray would be about the only thing that would work to get into the actual contacts on a tact switch. You would want a de-greaser type cleaner NOT one that lubricates... anything that lubricates will only end up attracting dirt and ultimately make matters worse.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

Droidnoise

Post by Droidnoise » Wed May 22, 2019 2:52 pm

Thanks. I guess my question was more about accessing the switches to clean them. The screws on the plastic switch covers do not seem to come out and expose switch components beneath. Hello? Voodoo labs can you help here?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Wed May 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Oh... why didn't you say so? ;)

To get to the switch contacts you will need to remove the whole circuit board from the main chassis. First remove the bottom cover that is held on with the six small black screws (#1 Philips Head), then you will see the bottom of the circuit board. Remove the 6-8, depending on age, silver screws (#2 Philips Head) that secure the circuit board. Lift the circuit board out of the chassis and you will see the Tact Switches that the top panel plastic actuators contact when pushing the buttons. The circuit board mounted Tact Switches are what you will likely want to clean.

Good Luck!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

Droidnoise

Post by Droidnoise » Sat May 25, 2019 8:28 am

Perfect! Thanks John