HEX problem with MIDI controller

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Mazer

HEX problem with MIDI controller

Post by Mazer » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:41 am

I purchased a Voodoo Labs HEX to have a few extra loops on my rig. I can’t seem to have the HEX respond to PC and CC-messages that I’m trying to send from the Musicom Labs EFX MKV. Has anyone else had problems? The HEX is supposed to turn on individual loops by sending it a CC-message, and it won’t do it, even though I try setting them up on the MKV for the IA3 switches. HEX should also listen to PC messages, and when I send one, it just flashes the loops quickly but won’t turn them on. What am I not getting here?

I have done the factory reset on HEX, set the right MIDI channel, the correct CC numbers for the loops, set the HEX respond to both PC and CC commands...

Thanks in advance!

JohnClark

Re: HEX problem with MIDI controller

Post by JohnClark » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:10 am

Sorry you’re having trouble here.

As a test, try sending only the Program Change message. That you see the loops flash on the off immediately suggests that perhaps you are sending conflicting data... a PC that turns some loops on, but a string of CCs that turn them all off.

Also, feel free to give us a call or write to info@voodoolab.com so we can set up a time to talk while you are with the gear.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

Mazer

Re: HEX problem with MIDI controller

Post by Mazer » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:40 am

Thanks for your reply!

The problem got solved, i was indeed sending wrong CC msgs but got it figured out with my loopers manufacturer.

Thanks to all you at Voodoo Labs for awesome and fast support also! Keep rocking!