2 Channel Triple Rectifier+GCX/GCP+G Major 2+Pedals noob

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
AutoscopyII

2 Channel Triple Rectifier+GCX/GCP+G Major 2+Pedals noob

Post by AutoscopyII » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:05 pm

Hey guys, I've been browsing the forum I saw a diagram that helped out a ton when I was running my 3 channel Dual Rec with a parallel loop.

I recently acquired an old 2 channel Triple Rec and I'm going to be running it in my main rig from now on. I'm sending it to have the FX loop modded to series/serial, and getting all new cables made for the rig(amp/rack setup).

If I include a photo of the back of my setup, could someone make me a dummy diagram of how I should run the cables for optimal use? It going to be a basic 4 pedals in front of the amp, G Major II in the loop, rack tuner, and volume pedal setup with the GCX/GCP deal, and I just need 4 presets with the bank setup.

Thanks a ton!!!

JohnClark

Re: 2 Channel Triple Rectifier+GCX/GCP+G Major 2+Pedals noob

Post by JohnClark » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:42 am

Is the 2 Channel Amp replacing the 3 Channel Amp OR are you adding the 2 Channel Amp to the existing rig?
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

AutoscopyII

Post by AutoscopyII » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:41 am

It is replacing the 3 channel

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:51 am

Right on!

So it looks like the only thing really changing is the number of switchable option on your amp. The Two Channel Triple Rectifiers have only a Channel Select jack and a FX Loop On/Off jack for the external Switching. These only require the Out of an unused GCX Loop to be connected in order to control the switchable function.

This is probably the diagram you originally went by to set up your Three Channel Rectifier...
Pedals, Parallel Loop, Channel Switching

Using the original diagram as a guide, you would put your pedals in Loops 1-4 with Loop 4 Out as the feed to the front of your amp. You would wire your G-Major 2 into any GCX Loop, but I'd probably use Loop 7 if I were setting this up, just like the processor shown in the diagram. The GCX will handle the G-Major switching so there is no need to use the Loop on/Off on the amp. For the Channel Select I'd probably just use Loop 8.

Let us know if you get stuck once you get the amp back and we can help get you up and running in no time!

AutoscopyII

Post by AutoscopyII » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:01 pm

Hey thanks a ton for the reply!!! With this set up, would you recommend having the FX loop modded or not? I've seen so many people online going back and forth, and I'm trying to make my decision before I wire everything.

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:05 pm

Oh I assumed you wanted the parallel loop... I guess I don't remember if all the dual channel Rectifiers had the parallel loop to begin with. I see I completely missed where you clearly said you wanted it modded to series... :oops:

What type of effects will you be using from the G-Major 2?

A Parallel loop is great for things like reverbs and delays. This lets your true "dry" signal pass thru with only the delay repeats being generated by the processor.

AutoscopyII

Post by AutoscopyII » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:35 pm

I was under the impression that these older rectos had the parallel loop, and I was going to get rid of it, haha. I just got the amp in a trade and haven't played anything through the loop yet. I think these 2 channel triples were made between 1992 and 2000 before they implemented the serial/series loop. I could be very wrong.