Jmp1 GSP1101 advice

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Nd272

Jmp1 GSP1101 advice

Post by Nd272 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:38 pm

Hi there

I’ve had a look on the forum for the correct answer to this and can’t seem to find it

I have a gcx and gcp and I want to set it up in a way that I can utilize the Digitech GSP1101 and jmp1 in the gsp’s loop which gives you a choice whether you want to use an internal or external preamp. This would give me the option of having the jmp or the gsp models per preset along with the gsp effects

This is probably defeating the purpose of the gcx but just wanted to see if there was any insights on same

I also have a gmajor2 so if I can’t run it in this way I will configure the new rack similar to picture from voodoo lab website

http://www.voodoolab.com/gcxdiagrams/04 ... werAmp.pdf

Thanks in advance !

Marlboro05

Re: Jmp1 GSP1101 advice

Post by Marlboro05 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi there,
I’d just run them as 2 seperate preamps as in the diagram you have there or in loops in series and also have the G Major 2 in a loop, if running mono or 2 loops if running in stereo. The GSP can be ran as either an effects processor or a Preamp. If you don’t want to use the JMP-1, turn that loop off, if you do, turn it on. I’d not use the JMP-1 in the loop of the GSP as there is no need to. But it is up to you, what you think sounds better, try both ways🤷‍♂️.

Cheers Brett
GCPro, GCX, Pedal Power 2+, Pedal Power AC.
And some other stuff.

Nd272

Post by Nd272 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:43 pm

That’s perfect thanks for the reply 😀

Only reason wanted opinion was because I can utilize the gsp unit being able to integrate with jmp so I could use it for patches with gsp, downside to that is having to connect it via 4 cable method

As you say, I can mess around with it and see what way works best !

Thanks again

Marlboro05

Post by Marlboro05 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:00 pm

If you don’t have anything in the other GCX loops, it is possible to do 4 wire, but only if you have effects such as a Reverb, Delay etc that you’d use in effects loop but I’d just use them after both the GSP1101 and the JMP-1 as that is the same as having them in the effects loop.

I’d go into the in on the front of the GCX and how as follows
Rear out to Loop 1 in -> Loop 1 Send -> JMP-1 In -> JMP-1 L Out -> Loop 1 Return -> Loop 1 Out -> Loop 2 In -> Loop 2 Send -> GSP1101 In -> GSP1101 Out -> Loop 2 Return -> Loop 2 Out -> Loop 3 In -> Loop 3 Send -> G Major 2 Left In -> G Major 2 Left Out -> Loop 3 Return -> If Mono, Whatever else you have, Loop 4 Out to Loop 5 In, followed all the way to Loop 7 Out-> Loop 8 In -> Loop 8 Send -> Power amp In or Head Return.

(If using stereo) I’d put Loop 3 -> all mono effects, if you use in the loops before having Loop 5 In -> Loop 5 Send -> G Major 2 Left In -> G Major 2 Left Out -> Loop 5 Return -> Loop 5 Out -> Loop 7 In -> Loop 7 Send -> Power Amp Left or Head Return 1
G Major 2 Right Out -> Loop 6 Return -> Loop 6 Out -> Loop 8 In -> Loop 8 Send -> Power Amp Right or Head Return 2.

That’s just a basic setup you could use, it’s up to you how you do it🤷‍♂️
GCPro, GCX, Pedal Power 2+, Pedal Power AC.
And some other stuff.

Nd272

Post by Nd272 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:14 am

Thank you so much for the comprehensive outline there of how to rig it all up much appreciated

The setup I use at the moment is that in page 12 (setup no.7on this link )https://3e7777c294b9bcaa5486-bc95634e60 ... iginal.pdf

It is handy to have it like this so that you can switch in and out of the preamps as you wish and also utilize the modeling and fx within the gsp

I am sure there is still a setting in the gsp to turn off the amp models in the gsp for certain patches and use the jmp1 instead , this giving the same outcome

Like you say it’s trial and error but the above from you is a great help in the right direction 😀

Now that the gcx is on the way, I can also utilize the gmajor2 as I wish , I am just wondering