GCX signal path question

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
blksolo

GCX signal path question

Post by blksolo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:12 pm

I have a POG2 that I normally plug my guitar directly into and I want to put it into GCX loop 2,the problem is it doesnt sound as clear when I do that. I have a GMajor 2 in loop 1,how do I get the guitar signal to go to the pog first? Do I need to swap loops?

JohnClark

Re: GCX signal path question

Post by JohnClark » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:35 am

If your guitar signal goes first to the In of GCX Loop 1 then yes, putting the Pog 2 in Loop 1 is the easiest way to do it. Good Luck!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

blksolo

Post by blksolo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:17 pm

I moved the GMajor 2 to loop 2,so basically all four jacks on loop 2 are used by the Gmajor to connect to the effects loop of a mesa roadster.The problem I have now is how do I connect the pog to loop1 and get the signal to loop 2,since I cant plug loop 1 out into loop 2 in because the Gmajor is there?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:43 pm

I guess I should have asked more questions first then, I didn't realize your G-Major was ultimately routed to your amplifier's effects loop.

To get the Pog 2 in front of your amp with the guitar feeding it directly...
-Plug your guitar to either the Guitar in or Feedthru on the front panel of the GCX.
-Connect the rear panel Feedthru of the GCX to the In of the GCX Loop you want to use to switch the Pog 2.
-Connect the Send and Return of this GCX Loop to the Input and Output of the Pog 2 respectively.
-Connect the Output of this GCX Loop to the Instrument input of your amplifier.

This will route your guitar to the Pog 2 and feed it to the front end of your amplifier. It will not matter which GCX loop you use to do this. If you connect your guitar to the Guitar In you will be routing through the GCX's buffer. If you connect your guitar to the front panel Feedthru of the GCX then there will be no buffer. Good Luck!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

blksolo

Post by blksolo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:49 pm

Now thats what I call turn around time!!!! :)