Ground Control Pro and Eleven Rack - Update

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
llpcode

Ground Control Pro and Eleven Rack - Update

Post by llpcode » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:25 am

We have been reading about the PROM update…

Maybe I missed it - When and where is that PROM, and if I missed it, how can I get one?

If it has not been released yet (First heard about it last February 2010), when will it be released?

JohnClark

Re: Ground Control Pro and Eleven Rack - Update

Post by JohnClark » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:35 am

This update has not yet been released and I do not have a release date to provide. I can answer any questions you may have about what this update will do for Eleven Rack users.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

thormusique

Post by thormusique » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Any further word as to when this update may be unleashed upon the world? Also, what exactly will it do for Eleven Rack users?

Thanks very much,

Thor

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:57 pm

The update will include a quick start template that will have all the Eleven Rack preset names installed and have the Instant Access buttons mapped to the front panel effects bypass and tempo buttons on the Eleven Rack.

I do not have a date to provide for its release at this time.

thormusique

Post by thormusique » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:14 am

Thanks very much for your speedy response! I'll keep my eyes peeled for the update.

One more question: In a post, you mentioned that setting up GCP presets to handle only my fave ER presets is a simple matter, once you know the ER program change numbers. I know this isn't really your domain, but would you happen to know where I can find these values? I've looked in the ER manual and have found only the individual effects values, not program (preset) changes. Any idea? I'd greatly appreciate any info you could provide.

All the best,

Thor

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:00 am

The Eleven Rack patches respond to MIDI Program Changes. The alpha numeric patches start at Program Change 00 and are sequentially numbered from there. A1 on the Eleven Rack is recalled by Program Change 00... B1 is recalled by Program Change 04... F1 is recalled by Program Change 20... Z1 is recalled by Program Change 100.

I hope that helps!

thormusique

Post by thormusique » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:07 am

Ohhhhh! I didn't realize it was as simple as that. Thanks ever so much for your invaluable (and prompt) help. For what it's worth, I've learned a great deal from reading a number of your postings on various topics, which are always clear and concise. Clearly, Voodoo Lab is quite fortunate to have someone of your knowledge and expertise on hand.

Thanks again,

Thor