It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hex Questions
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:13 pm 

Thinking about picking up a Hex, but I have a few questions since the manual is still not online.

1) Does the Hex store presets? Would I be able to use my Pod HD500 to send program changes and have the Hex bring up presets?

2) Can the Hex receive PC and CC midi signals at the same time? Or is it one or the other like some other switchers I have seen. For example, can I send a program change to select a preset that turns on loops 1-4, and then once in the preset, turn on/off the individual loops with CC messages?

3) Can some of the loops be in an amp effects loop? Wired like this:

Input from Guitar -->Input loop 1
Receive/Send from Pedal in loop 1
Output from Loop 1 -->Input at Loop 2
Receive/Send from Pedal in Loop 2
Receive/Send from pedal in Loop 3
Send from Loop 4 -->Amp Input
Amp FX Send -->Receive from Loop 4
Receive/Send from Pedal in Loop 5
Receive/Send from Pedal in Loop 6
Output at End -->Amp FX Return

Loop 4 would always have to be on, but pedals 1-3 would be in front of amp and 5-6 would be in the amp's loop, does this work?

Post subject: Re: Hex Questions
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:25 pm 

1. Yes! No problem!

2. Yes again!

3. Hmm... This can be done, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it unless you already had all the gear and just wanted to try it out. Using a loop as a split between the front end and the effects loop can be problematic and would really depend on the gear. The Return Jack is ground lifted, so you might have to deal with re-establishing the ground connection. But potentially worse, is that it really isn't a good idea to run an instrument level and line level so close to each other. You would likely end up with unwanted noise.

I hope that helps!

Post subject: Re: Hex Questions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:45 pm 

Hi! I want do the same connection than adk, use my POD HD500x to activate and disable the loops, and presets in the Hex, but I have a question, the Hex MIDI input provides phantom power right?

Exist any problem with this?

The POD HD500x MIDI output its safe with the phantom power provided for the Hex?

And other question, Can I connect the Hex input and output for the FX loop of the POD HD500x? This for integrate the analog pedals into my sound chain? or how can I do the connection?

Thanks!