I've been working with the author of this tool (http://gcproeditor.com
) to fix some bugs over the past couple of weeks, and I wanted to provide an update. All the credit goes to the author, who has been really fast and flexible in fixing issues.
A couple of notes:
1) Browser compatibility: Chrome and Firefox work. IE and Edge do not (if you attempt to upload / drop in a SYX file in these two browsers, it will not work). I have no way of testing on a Mac, so I can't advise on Safari.
2) MIDI-OX (PC) and SysEx Librarian (Mac) are good choices for sending and receiving SYX files with the GCP.
3) I use an M-Audio Uno ($39) as a USB-MIDI interface, but any USB-MIDI interface should work.
1) The CC number for Instant Access buttons can now be changed within the web interface.
2) If an Instant Access button is attached to a MIDI device CC, and the switch type is momentary, there is now no ability to set the Transmit CC (Transmit with Preset) option. This matches the controls on the GCP.
3) Global Program, Respond to Program Change, Program Change Receive Channel, and Link Mode now function properly.
4) Within presets, incorrect expression pedal definitions have been fixed (what was displayed after clicking the Pedals button within the preset was set one entry off from the correct value).
5) A bug in the import / export CSV function that incorrectly set data on expression pedals within presets has been fixed.
6) When selecting Bank of 4 or Bank of 10 mode, the presets section now correctly displays a matching layout.
The big "want" now is the ability to drag and drop presets to reorder them within the web interface, and I know the author is working on that. The import / export CSV function is a great way to quickly reorder presets (within Excel, a text editor, or whatever).
Edit 1: I have tested with GCP FW versions 1.13 and 1.13b. I can't say how things will work with other FW versions.
Edit 2: Looking through the comments about issues in the thread, a) I can't validate the Eleven Rack issues, as I don't have an Eleven Rack to test with, and b) the channel issues in Configuration > Devices was just validated, IS broken, and is being worked on. The rest of the issues in the thread are addressed / fixed earlier in my post.