It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ground Control Pro: sending CC with a preset?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:09 pm 

So, I'm trying to conserve loops on my GCX. Is it possible to send a CC message with a preset or only with an instant access button? (I'm trying to bypass a Strymon Big Sky rather than putting it in a loop.)

Post subject: Re: Ground Control Pro: sending CC with a preset?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:21 pm 

In order to have a Control Change message sent with a Preset you will want to have an Instant Access button programmed to the desired Control Change message and MIDI Channel then set this Instant Access button to "Transmit with Preset". You can then recall the preset, set the state of the Instant access button, and when you go into the Preset edit mode and save, it will save the state of the Instant access button.

p.s. Control Change 102 is the default for the Big Sky.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:50 am 

Thanks John. I'll see if I can make that work. Another possibility I'm looking into is if I can create a "bypass" preset in the Big Sky and call that up when I want of bypass it. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:47 am 

JohnClark wrote:
In order to have a Control Change message sent with a Preset you will want to have an Instant Access button programmed to the desired Control Change message and MIDI Channel then set this Instant Access button to "Transmit with Preset". You can then recall the preset, set the state of the Instant access button, and when you go into the Preset edit mode and save, it will save the state of the Instant access button.

p.s. Control Change 102 is the default for the Big Sky.

I hope that helps!

But is this possible in 10 preset mode? Are there any instant access switches "available" then?

I am trying to get around this problem:

Im setting up my Ground Control Pro with 2 Eventide H9`s and a Elektron Analog Drive.
The effects are changing as they should with my presets, but the Analog Drive doesn't turn on,
it just shifts to the correct preset, but does not engage the Bypass/select toggle switch. I have to press it manually.

Have read that older firmware on the Analog Drive could cause this, but mine seems to be version 1,5, which is the latest.

I have also read that sending a #CC80 with value 64 could solve this, but i can't get my head around how to do this in 10 preset mode. That is where I wanna be.

Can anybody help?