second Midi pedal for IAs

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Sorbz62

second Midi pedal for IAs

Post by Sorbz62 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:50 am

Hi guys,

Is it possible to have a second midi pedal, in my case a Rocktron Midimate connected to my GCP, as an IA controller and keep the GCP in preset mode? I hope this works.

Cheers,
Jim

Meanoldfireman

Re: second Midi pedal for IAs

Post by Meanoldfireman » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:50 pm

I'll be curious to hear if you can make it work. You won't be able to send the CC messages from the ia's withe the presets. You would probably be better off with a single more sophisticated controller.

nyteowl

Post by nyteowl » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:16 am

Meanoldfireman wrote:I'll be curious to hear if you can make it work. You won't be able to send the CC messages from the ia's withe the presets. You would probably be better off with a single more sophisticated controller.
Unfortunately, this seems to be the best answer for a lot of the questions we've been seeing here lately.

Truth is, there are numerous controllers out there that are far more versatile than the GCPro, some more expensive, some less. I don't know why, but in the 6 years I've been on this forum I cannot recall a single instance where VL expressed any concern at all about keeping up with the competition.
For Sale: Original DMC GCX in Excellent Condition ($275) and a far more versatile SoundSculpture GL also in Excellent Condition ($1750). Free CONUS Shipping.

Meanoldfireman

Post by Meanoldfireman » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:42 pm

I think you can run the MIDI mate into the GCP and pass the CC messages on to other devices. You didn't say what else you were controlling. If you're controlling a GCX, I'd not sure what will happen if it can get the SYS Ex messages from the GCP and the CC messages from the MIDI mate. What are you controlling?

Sorbz62

Post by Sorbz62 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:52 am

Hi mate,

I am midi controlling the following:

GCX
Egnater M4
Mesa Triaxis
ADA MP1
Eventide Eclipse
Eventide H9
Switchblade 8

I was hoping to use the GCP in preset mode (PC msgs) and three Midimate to control the GCX loops (CC) and maybe on/ off the other devices.

Cheers,
Jim

nyteowl

Post by nyteowl » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:30 am

All of the devices you listed can be controlled with the GCPro in 4-Presets/Bank mode, which gives you 8 IA buttons.

Since you listed both a GCX and a Switchblade 8, I'd be interested in learning what you're connecting to these devices. The more we know about your rig, the easier it is to offer suggestions and/or advice on making the most of what you've got.
For Sale: Original DMC GCX in Excellent Condition ($275) and a far more versatile SoundSculpture GL also in Excellent Condition ($1750). Free CONUS Shipping.