Multiple Amp Switching GCX

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
k.zarandooz

Multiple Amp Switching GCX

Post by k.zarandooz » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:06 pm

Hello Hello

I have Recently just purchased a GCX/GCP system , but now dont know how to use the device Properly : D

i Run 4 Different amps : A mesa Triple Rec .. A Marshall JCM800 .. A Roland JC120 .. And A Fender CyberTwin

i use the Mesa And the Marshall Simultaneously For Dirty Tones . And the Roland & Fender

Simultaneously For Clean Tones. So basically I want it so that when i press Patch 1 Mesa&Marshall Turn on

And When I press Patch 2 on the GCP Roland&Fender Turn On (Mesa/Marshall turn off)

i used to do this Via a couple Boss LS-2 Line Selectors , now that i have Purchased the Gcx i would like to

Know how i could set it up , i have a couple of stomp Boxes and Stuff to , But The amp Switching is the Main

Part i want to know , If i could have some assistance please i would greatly Appreciate it

if i could get some Drawn Diagrams it Would be Awesome

Thanks Again

Meanoldfireman

Re: Multiple Amp Switching GCX

Post by Meanoldfireman » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:04 am

Simple enough. Are you running the amp pairs in stereo or mono?

nyteowl

Post by nyteowl » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:57 pm

Hello, and welcome!!

What you want to do is dead simple, and the best part is you can do it with a single GCX Loop.

Check out Example 2 on Page 8 of the GCX Manual. This is the easiest way to make your front end connections, and all you'll need to do is split the signals coming out of Send and Out jacks to feed the inputs of your amplifiers. When the loop is turned OFF, the Out jack will feed one pair of amps; turn the loop ON and the Send Jack will feed the other pair of amps.
For Sale: Original DMC GCX in Excellent Condition ($275) and a far more versatile SoundSculpture GL also in Excellent Condition ($1750). Free CONUS Shipping.

Meanoldfireman

Post by Meanoldfireman » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:11 pm

nyteowl wrote:Hello, and welcome!!

What you want to do is dead simple, and the best part is you can do it with a single GCX Loop.

Check out Example 2 on Page 8 of the GCX Manual. This is the easiest way to make your front end connections, and all you'll need to do is split the signals coming out of Send and Out jacks to feed the inputs of your amplifiers. When the loop is turned OFF, the Out jack will feed one pair of amps; turn the loop ON and the Send Jack will feed the other pair of amps.
What he said, with two loops if you're going to run the amps in stereo.

k.zarandooz

Post by k.zarandooz » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:46 am

Thanks you So much