DBX1074 Added to Rig

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Marlboro05

DBX1074 Added to Rig

Post by Marlboro05 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:38 pm

Hi there,
I've just got myself a DBX1074 for my rig and would like some ideas on how to set it up. At the moment my signal is as follows:
Guitar > GCX IN > GCX OUT > NS-1 > y cable to Triaxis and Radial ABY ( for isolation and phase 180) > Dual Rectifier

Dual Rectifier > 1/2 of left side 4x12.
Dual Rectifier Slave > Stilleto Deuce Return > 1/2 of right side 4x12.

Triaxis A out > GCX 3 > Mesa EQ Pedal > GCX 3 > GCX 1-2 > GMajor 2 L IN > GMajor L&R OUT > GCX 1-2 > 2:90 A&B > 1/2 of each side 4x12.

I am using the noise suppression on the NS-1 to get rid of guitar noise and the gate/suppressor on the GMajor for crunch noise. Would like to use the DBX1074 for clean and crunch. Was thinking of using 2 channels on the GCX that cut in on clean and crunch so I have 2 different settings. Should I still use the NS-1 in front or another channel on the 1074? Should I use the 1074 after the GMajor in stereo for crunch, turned off for clean? Should I use it after the GCX but before the y cable with the clean setting for clean and have it on when distorted to? Should I have a different setting for clean and crunch after the GCX before the Y cable?

Any preferences or suggestions would be highly welcome.

Cheers
GCPro, GCX, Pedal Power 2+, Pedal Power AC.
And some other stuff.

Marlboro05

Re: DBX1074 Added to Rig

Post by Marlboro05 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:47 pm

Hi there,
Well I've set it up on 4 different channels of the GCX, 4 different settings, low noise gate for low gain settings, then each one progressively with more noise suppression. Rectifier sounds have the most noise suppression. I left the NS-1 in front, just after the guitar out on the GCX and before the Y cable. The DBX1074 is after my Mesa EQ Pedal, before the Gmajor so that all Delay and Reverb trails lead off. Seems to work ok. Not sure if it is right though.
Cheers
And some other stuff.

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:41 am

Right on!

You successfully added a device that was never really intended to be in a guitar rig to begin with... toss any worries about "wrong" out the door if you like the sounds you are getting. ;)
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

Marlboro05

Post by Marlboro05 » Thu May 05, 2016 1:29 am

Hi there,
Well after some mucking around, I've decided to use 1 channel on the 1074 instead of the Boss NS-1. I have a very low threshold and depth settings with all release's set to zero. Then I have a low threshold and depth for low gain and noisy cleans. Then a setting higher for higher gain settings and a high setting for rectifier settings. The 1074 does lower the noise but also lowers the volume a little with each time you pass through a channel dropping it a bit. It this normal?

Cheers Brett
And some other stuff.