Rack Setup

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Marlboro05

Rack Setup

Post by Marlboro05 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:54 pm

Thought I'd share my rack setup. Still have more to add but it's not too shabby. Here's my GCX worksheet.

I plan on making a few adjustments, adding a patch panel, this may change, adding a Radial shotgun or a Rane SM26s or a Mesa High Gain Amp Switcher to feed the 4 amps. The Radial Shotgun has phase and ground lift so I'm thinking that is the way to go. At the moment I'm just using 2 preamps most of the time but like the sounds the Rectifier and Stiletto produce so want to play with them in the mix to.

I have just gotten a RJM Mini amp Switcher to control the Stiletto channel switching, I shall also let it do the Mesa 2:90 1/2 power switching so it frees up a GCX loop.

The Rectifier is controlled via a RJM Mini amp Gizmo via the rg16 cable, everything is controlled by a GCPro which is getting another to sit beside so I have more instant switches available. I shall probably need another GCX soon to so I can add a few pedals into the mix.

Here is a patch panel I'm going to knock up for use with the 2 preamps. I'm going to put the Boss NS-2 and the Radial ABY inside the patch panel, it will change a bit if I get the Shotgun or Mesa HGAS. A work in progress.

Any thoughts or suggestions highly welcome.

Cheers Brett
GCPro, GCX, Pedal Power 2+, Pedal Power AC.
And some other stuff.

JohnClark

Re: Rack Setup

Post by JohnClark » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:38 am

Looks like a this will be a great rig with tons of amp sounds at the ready!

If you run a splitter from the Out of Loop 3 to feed the In of Loop 4 and the In of Loop 8 you will still drive both sides of the 2:90 when the G-Major 2 is bypassed.

Good Luck!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

Marlboro05

Re: Rack Setup

Post by Marlboro05 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:19 pm

Hi John,
I have changed it a little, the G-Major is in the effects loop of the RANE SM82S, the Mesa EQ is in the loop after the Triaxis. How it was before I couldn't hear the EQ doing much at all.
Definitely need the Radial Shotgun or Mesa HGAS or an 8 slot Ebtech Hum Eliminator. As soon as I hook up 1 of the other 2 amps, the noise just increases. As it is, there is nothing after using the Radial ABY with its isolation, gnd lift and 180 inversion.

Cheers Brett
GCPro, GCX, Pedal Power 2+, Pedal Power AC.
And some other stuff.