It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Can I Use The Guitar Out As An Input?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:30 pm 

I'm trying to avoid plugging into the GUITAR IN on the front of the GCX but I still want to get the benefit of the grounding and the buffer. Can I run the output signal from my wireless receiver into the GUITAR OUT on the BACK of the GCX and then link from the FEED THRU on the BACK of the GCX to the IN of Loop 1? Will that engage the ground and will the signal be buffered? Or do I have to run the wireless into the GUITAR IN on the front of the GCX to have my signal buffered?

If that won't work, can I plug the wireless into the FEED THRU on the BACK of the GCX and then just jumper from the FEED THRU on the FRONT of the GCX into the GUITAR IN on the FRONT of the GCX?

I really don't want anything plugged into the front, so if my first idea would work I want to go with that.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Can I Use The Guitar Out As An Input?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:40 pm 

The Guitar Out will not work as an Input. You would connect the wireless using the rear Feedthru with a jumper connecting the front Feedthru to the Guitar In, then run the Guitar Out to the In of the first loop. This will not only provide the chassis ground path, it will also make for a convenient way to bypass the wireless by plugging a corded guitar into the Guitar In.

I hope that helps!

Post subject: Re: Can I Use The Guitar Out As An Input?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:52 pm 

Thanks John! I figured that was the only way to do it.

Just a suggestion... it would be great to have a rear input instead of just a front input in order to get the ground and the buffer. Some of us don't prefer to plug anything into the front of the GCX or any other unit in the rack, for that matter. But it's not the end of the world, of course. It's a First World Problem, for sure.

Maybe it could be a feature in a future revision of the GCX?!?!?!?