It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GCX and Ground Control. Connections.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:50 pm 

Hello.

I would like to thank all of you for the information provided in this forum. I am new to using these two devices. I have some questions.

My amp is a Marshall JMP with an effects loop. What I am looking for assistance on is the signal chain. I know the basic connections in regards to stomp box's through the GCX. Here is where it goes south...

Guitar> volume pedal/tuner. These two are integrated together.
Volume Pedal> Whammy Pedal.
Whammy pedal out to GCX (where?)
Out of the GCX to the Marshall input (where?)

The pedals that will be in a rack tray are the ones that would serve as "out front".
Boss SD-1, Maxon OD, Suhr KoKo Boost,

I have a Decimator prorack G. How is this connected to the GCX? I have a Boss Giga Delay, Clean Boost, Ibanez Flanger and Chorus pedals that I want to run into the loop of the Marshall while of course utilizing the GCX for all of this. If anyone has a diagram they could provide? That would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance for reading this and I look forward to your responses.

Post subject: Re: GCX and Ground Control. Connections.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:02 pm 

Your basic connections would be not too different from this example...

http://voodoolab.com/gcxdiagrams/01-Ped ... _AmpSw.pdf

The main differences for you would be that your guitar hits the Volume and Whammy first then the Out of your Whammy would go to the GCX Guitar In. Loops 1-4 are switching the front end effects before hitting the front end of the amp, but you will likely only need three loops. Loops 5 and 6 are switching the FX Loop effects, but you will likely use four loops. I don't believe you will be doing any channel switching so you can ignore the channel switching in that example.

Now for the Decimator... where do you want it routed in the signal path? Do you use it as two separate gates or with Channel 1 reading the dry guitar signal, and Channel 2 does the actual gating in the FX Loop?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:13 pm 

JohnClark wrote:
Your basic connections would be not too different from this example...

http://voodoolab.com/gcxdiagrams/01-Ped ... _AmpSw.pdf

The main differences for you would be that your guitar hits the Volume and Whammy first then the Out of your Whammy would go to the GCX Guitar In. Loops 1-4 are switching the front end effects before hitting the front end of the amp, but you will likely only need three loops. Loops 5 and 6 are switching the FX Loop effects, but you will likely use four loops. I don't believe you will be doing any channel switching so you can ignore the channel switching in that example.

Now for the Decimator... where do you want it routed in the signal path? Do you use it as two separate gates or with Channel 1 reading the dry guitar signal, and Channel 2 does the actual gating in the FX Loop?

Man you are good. Yes. I would like to use the decimator as you described. Two separate gates. Front tracking the pedals and the other for the effects loop.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:59 am 

Ok....So i got it all connected and well...it works. I ended up using a loop for channel 2 of the decimator. It is in the loop of the amp so upon discovery I realized I can assign that particular channel of the decimator when needed and not have it serve as a full time effect.

I have all 8 loops used. Since I designated a loop to the decimator, I had to sacrifice my flanger/pedal. Is there a way to now connect the flanger to the GCX? Y cable? Thanks again for your answers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:27 am 

I think you lost me... so all eight loops are being used? If so then you can route the flanger in wherever you would like, it's just not going to be turned on/off by the GCX unless it is in a loop.