Voodoo Lab PX-8

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Tony_Premier

Voodoo Lab PX-8

Post by Tony_Premier » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:11 pm

I've been looking into grabbing a PX-8 for a little while now, however before I make the move, there were a few things I wanted to know.

My amplifier is a Peavey 6505+. For the footswitch, it uses a 7 PIN cable. What I'd like to be able to do is control the clean/dirty channel from the amplifier onto the PX-8.

Currently, the pedals I use are Reverb, Delay, Chorus, plus tuner and noise suppressor. I want to be able to save these loops on different channels on the footswitch including the amp's dirty and clean channel.

Would an RJM Amp Gizmo (shown here: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... DQodGDoKlQ) be able to work with the PX-8?

Figured I can plug the 7 PIN cable onto the MIDI input on the Amp Gizmo then connect it to the PX-8.

Any assistance you can provide would be great!

Thank you!

JohnClark

Re: Voodoo Lab PX-8

Post by JohnClark » Mon May 01, 2017 10:32 am

The Amp Gizmo with a custom cable will work with the PX-8 to set the proper amp channel whenever you recall a PX-8 preset. The one you linked would use the 1/4" jacks to control the amp.

Alternatively, our Control Switcher will also perform the same task with a Custom DIN cable that we make for use with the 6505+.

I hope that helps!