setting HEX AND gcp TO SWITCH ON AND OFF A BOSS rdd-20

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
vilreg

setting HEX AND gcp TO SWITCH ON AND OFF A BOSS rdd-20

Post by vilreg » Tue May 02, 2017 8:41 pm

Hello i just purchase a Hex to do the switching of my pedals in my set up. For the regular pedal it's clear for me to configurate. But i do have a BOSSS RDD -20 micro rack digital delay. There is an effect loop in/out for the effect chain and a 1/4 jack for the footswtich...
i want the hex to be place in my rack with my effect...is there a way to plug it with the HEX to switch the effect on and off on the RDD-20?
could i use the relay for the pedal on the GCP?
thanks for helping out
Reggie

JohnClark

Re: setting HEX AND gcp TO SWITCH ON AND OFF A BOSS rdd-20

Post by JohnClark » Wed May 03, 2017 10:41 am

The RDD-20 can be routed in any HEX loop by running the Send of the loop to the Input of the RDD-20, then the Mix Output of the RDD-20 to the Return of the same loop.
If you would rather patch the RDD-20 directly into your signal path and use HEX to control the RDD-20 via the Effect Remote jack simply connect it to the Send of HEX Loop 1 with nothing else connected to the other jacks of Loop 1.

I hope that helps!

vilreg

Post by vilreg » Wed May 03, 2017 4:39 pm

Thanks you made my day! the remote FS jack was confusing me!

vilreg

Post by vilreg » Sun May 14, 2017 9:10 am

Hello John
i did received my stuff this week and tried to plug accordingly

for some reason it seems not to be working

plug the hex and ground control. Midi config is ok. i have an eq plug in my preset and it's recall corrctly when program change is done.

gcp control button # 2 configure to normal for eq to respond to PC on hex 2 and responding and working

gcp control button configure to momentary1,3,4,5,6

rdd20 on #3 output to return Hex Input to send of hex
RRV 10 (reverb) on # 4 output to return Hex Input to send of hex
boss pitch schifter pedal on #5 output to return Hex Input to send of hex

so when pushing instant acces button noting is changing on Hex and effect doesn't engage...
i did also tired to :
patch the RDD-20 directly into your signal path and use HEX to control the RDD-20 via the Effect Remote jack simply connect it to the Send of HEX Loop 1 with nothing else connected to the other jacks of Loop 1. but not working...

any idea of what i did wrong or forget?
thanks for the help

vilreg

Post by vilreg » Sun May 14, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi again
Ok just found what was wrong the instant acces setting were on gcx... i did assign cc 80 to 85 to button 14 to6 everything works now!
Thanks again! :twisted: