Voodoo Lab Control Switcher & Mesa Boogie Mark V 35

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
ak4ray

Voodoo Lab Control Switcher & Mesa Boogie Mark V 35

Post by ak4ray » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:07 am

Hi all

I own a Mesa Boogie Mark V 35 and want to use the control switcher to replace the 4 button foot-switch, and switch via midi, control switcher and my Line 6 Helix.
Does anyone know if the 5-pin din connector on the control switcher is compatible with the factory mesa boogie foot-switch cable or would I have to purchase a different one?
The factory cable for the Mark V 35 is 5-pin.

Thanks

Ray

JohnClark

Re: Voodoo Lab Control Switcher & Mesa Boogie Mark V 35

Post by JohnClark » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:45 pm

Sorry for the delay!

The Control Switcher can control the Mark V:35 but you will need a custom made cable to use the DIN jacks. Feel free to give us a call or write to info@voodoolab.com for current pricing and availability.

I hope that helps!

ak4ray

Post by ak4ray » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:40 pm

Hi thanks for the reply, I'll inquire about the cable cost.

Thanks again.

Ray

jsamps731

Post by jsamps731 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:56 am

JohnClark wrote:Sorry for the delay!

The Control Switcher can control the Mark V:35 but you will need a custom made cable to use the DIN jacks. Feel free to give us a call or write to info@voodoolab.com for current pricing and availability.

I hope that helps!

Does this mean with the custom cable and the control switcher, the channel changing/other options on the Mesa Mark V: 35 can be controlled by a midi foot controller?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:42 pm

jsamps731 wrote:
JohnClark wrote:Sorry for the delay!

I hope that helps!

Does this mean with the custom cable and the control switcher, the channel changing/other options on the Mesa Mark V: 35 can be controlled by a midi foot controller?
Yep!

The Control Switcher, and the custom cable, will take the place of the footswitch to allow MIDI control of the Channel 1/2, EQ, Solo Ch 1 & Solo Ch 2 functions.

I hope that helps!