It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 5150 III, GCP, Gmajor problems.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:06 pm 

Hello!
I am having a problem setting up my 5150III 50watt (New version with concentric knobs) MY Digital music ground control pro, And G Major.
I am struggling with getting the amp channels to switch.
I have rest everything on everything multiple times, GCP midi out to G major, G major midi through, to EVH 5150. I then name the g major as device 1, channel 2 on the GCP, Of course first I switch the G Major to midi channel 2. I then switch the CPG to 4 preset setting. for some reason g major user preset one will be switch 2, 2 will be switch 3, and 3 will be switch four on the GCP. I then edit the channels to reflect the proper preset on the G major.And put the slashes in for switch 4. I then reset the heads midi memory. then start to program the amps channels. I enter midi mode on the head. will select blue for switch one, preset 1. Red for preset 2 switch 2. and do nothing for 3 because green is the native ,midi setting. so 3 just changes the preset on the g major. It will work fine for a while, or until i power the rig off for the night. Then it either stops switching amp channels after being on for awhile, Or does not switch amp channels when I power it back on hours later. Or sometimes, it starts working again. It will still change presets on theg major, but not the amp. I see the midi light light up when i depress buttons on the GCP. Would updating the firmware on the GCP help possibly? The GCP is at something like version 1.02.? I"m new to midi, And have been struggling for a week or so now with this.
Thanks in advance.

Boogie single Rec
5150II

Boogie 4X12
Krankenstein 4X12
Marshall JMC 900 4X12

Post subject: Re: 5150 III, GCP, Gmajor problems.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:27 pm 

Is the G-Major the only MIDI device named and assigned a MIDI Channel in the Device Name / Channel list on the Ground Control Pro?

That it works at all is certainly a good start. That it fails later but only the amp stops responding suggests its either the amp itself or the MIDI cable going to the amp.

The next time the amp stops responding, try pulling the cable that runs to the G-Major MIDI In and connect it instead to the amp's MIDI In to see if it starts responding again.

Let us know how it goes!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:59 am 

The way it seems to work now is that if I turn the rack stuff on, wait a minute, then turn on the 5150III it will work sometimes. Other times I have to put the head into learn mode, then take it off learn mode, and it works. So weird.

Boogie single Rec
5150II

Boogie 4X12
Krankenstein 4X12
Marshall JMC 900 4X12

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:57 pm 

Ah, got it working properly. amazing wat switching cables will do!!
Thanks!

Boogie single Rec
5150II

Boogie 4X12
Krankenstein 4X12
Marshall JMC 900 4X12