PX-8 Plus with Eventide H9

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
srmd22

Re: PX-8 Plus with Eventide H9

Post by srmd22 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:43 pm

Ok, I think I am seeing it is not nearly as easy as I had hoped - I misunderstood JohnClark's directions, I think. You have to edit and save the preset on the H9 to the appropriate H9 preset location corresponding to that PX-8 preset location (1-36). So if you want, say a reverb H9 preset to correspond to the 1st PX preset button (Bank 1, button 1, midi CC 0), you have to set it to as the first preset or patch (whatever you call it) on the H9. However, this over-writes the preset/patch already there, and screws up your preset sequence in the H9, which may or may not matter to you. It matters to me, because sometimes I will use the PX in loopswitch mode, and manually scroll through presets on the H9, so I want to leave them intact.

... the midi map turns out to be really easy on the H9 - you just follow these directions (from Eventide Forum)https://www.eventideaudio.com/community ... idi-values, and you can change which command the preset responds to, without changing the preset order in the H9.