setting up a GCX/GCP, pedals, and a Digitech GSP1101

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
JLE83

setting up a GCX/GCP, pedals, and a Digitech GSP1101

Post by JLE83 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:29 am

Hi, first post here. I wasn't planning on racking my pedals, but came across a deal too good to pass up recently ($250 for a GCP and GCX) and it's something I've always wanted to do someday. I plan to have 5 or 6 pedals in the GCX loops, but want to use the Digitech GSP1101 I have to handle whammy/wah/noise gate stuff.

I'm assuming that to set this up correctly I'd put the pedals I want to use in the GCX loops as usual and then run the GCX into the GSP1101's preamp loop via 4CM and just have the GSP set to 'external preamp' on every patch? And link the two units together with a MIDI cable and set the CC #'s accordingly (the GSP has MIDI mapping).

also, how would I activate the GSP1101's wah/whammy with the Ground Control Pro when I have an expression pedal plugged in? With the Digitech Control 2 it has a toe button that you press down on. Is there a way to set the GCP so the wah activates as soon as I move the expression pedal?

thanks for help, much appreciated!