It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ground Control Pro and Elektron Analog Drive problem
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:35 am 

Im setting up my Ground Control Pro with 2 Eventide H9`s and a Elektron Analog Drive.
The effects are changing as they should with my presets, but the Analog Drive doesn't turn on,
it just shifts to the correct preset, but does not engage the Bypass/select toggle switch. I have to press it manually.

Have read that older firmware on the Analog Drive could cause this, but mine seems to be version 1,5, which is the latest.

I have also read that sending a #CC80 with value 64 could solve this, but i can't get my head around how to do this in 10 preset mode. That is where I wanna be.

Can anybody help?

Post subject: Re: Ground Control Pro and Elektron Analog Drive problem
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:13 am 

If you can set the Analog Drive to OMNI mode (Receive All MIDI Channels) then you may be able to use the Control Change intended for GCX-1 Loop #1 to auto control the bypass state. (however the manual suggests that there is no OMNI Mode setting)

Alternatively, you could use a latching switch on one of the Expression Pedal ports if you wanted a physical button to turn the Analog Drive on and off together with updating the Ground Control Pro firmware with a custom chip we have that forces the Ground Control Pro to send the state of the Expression Pedals with each preset.

And finally, you could check with someone in the know at Elektron about the Analog Drive to find out why it doesn't remain in an active state when receiving Program Changes or if it is even supposed to do so ;)

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:46 am 

JohnClark wrote:
If you can set the Analog Drive to OMNI mode (Receive All MIDI Channels) then you may be able to use the Control Change intended for GCX-1 Loop #1 to auto control the bypass state. (however the manual suggests that there is no OMNI Mode setting)

Cant see a solution there..

JohnClark wrote:
Alternatively, you could use a latching switch on one of the Expression Pedal ports if you wanted a physical button to turn the Analog Drive on and off together with updating the Ground Control Pro firmware with a custom chip we have that forces the Ground Control Pro to send the state of the Expression Pedals with each preset.

I have my pedals in front of me, so this would be the same as pushing the button on the Analg Drive, right?
Or am I getting this wrong? Is there a way that this would work for me in 10 preset mode? Will this "fool" the Voodoo to think it sends something to the expression slot, but will engage the Analog Drive?
Someone wrote that you had a beta firmware that made the "edit" button do several things in 10 preset mode, is that an option?

JohnClark wrote:
And finally, you could check with someone in the know at Elektron about the Analog Drive to find out why it doesn't remain in an active state when receiving Program Changes or if it is even supposed to do so ;)

The support at Analog Drive simply says that I have to send a cc80, not much help there.

Thanx!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:09 am 

calibanrecords wrote:
JohnClark wrote:

Cant see a solution there..

I have my pedals in front of me, so this would be the same as pushing the button on the Analg Drive, right?
Or am I getting this wrong? Is there a way that this would work for me in 10 preset mode? Will this "fool" the Voodoo to think it sends something to the expression slot, but will engage the Analog Drive?
Someone wrote that you had a beta firmware that made the "edit" button do several things in 10 preset mode, is that an option?

The support at Analog Drive simply says that I have to send a cc80, not much help there.

I hope that helps!

Thanx!!!

From Elektron support:

Hi, Reading through the Voodoos manual it seems like there's no way of sending both program change and a CC value at the same time which is necessary in order to both control the preset on the analog drive and the bypass. There's nothing wrong with the Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro or the Analog Drive, they're just not compatible. I'm sure there's other MIDI controllers out there that can do this. This will most likely not be changed in a firmware update. Regards, Klara

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:47 am 

If it had an OMNI Mode we could send it CC80 on a different MIDI Channel and program the bypass state with each Ground Control Pro preset.

I misunderstood and thought the pedal was perhaps not right in front of you. The Expression pedal "trick" would in fact be just like using the bypass switch on the unit, and would not be programmable with presets.

An Instant Access button would certainly be able to perform this function but, as you know, you have no Instant Access buttons in 10 Presets per Bank Mode.

I guess that in this particular setup that it is true these two devices seem to not be compatible, sorry for the trouble!