It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trigger Loop record with Pigtronix Infinity and GCP
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:46 pm 

I'd like to be able to use the GCP to control the loop start and stop on my Infinity.

Can I trigger loop start and stops using the GCP in the 4 presets/bank mode using midi CC? I've got it working to trigger patches with both a Timeline and Big Sky - that's obvious because you set the patch where you want it and the GCP remembers, as long as the midi is set up on the correct channels.

But with the Infinity, I'm not even sure I've got the right channel assigned. Their manual says that it will set the midi channel according to the first device connected to it. So how do I set the GCP up to ensure this happens?

Assuming what I want to do is possible, once the GCP and Infinity are set correctly, what are the steps to program Infinity loop record and stop commands?

Sorry if this question's been answered before - I searched but didn't see it...

Thanks!

:?

Post subject: Re: Trigger Loop record with Pigtronix Infinity and GCP
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:17 pm 

One of the settings on the Ground Control Pro Instant Access buttons is "SEQ S/S" for Sequencer Start/Stop. If you sent an Instant Access button to Start/Stop it should control the Infinity as you are looking to do.

You can look to the Infinity Manual for details on how to set the MIDI Channel as well as any settings for using Real Time Messages for controlling Start/Stop.

Let us know if you get stuck!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:26 pm 

Awesome - thank-you

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:47 am 

I want to map an Infinity footswitch, so aren't using CC and a specific channel the way to go? I tried SS without success. I've set up IA footswitch 5 with CH 4 and CC#24, which should activate footswitch 1 on the Infinity. I can see a message is being sent to the PX-8 because the blue dot flashes on that unit (I have two) when I press IA footswitch 5. Is there anything else I should be doing at this end? I'm also following up with Pigtronix support to see if I'm correctly assigning the midi channel.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:54 am 

Oh, if simply remotely controlling a footswitch on the Infinity, then yes, setting the MIDI Channel and appropriate Control Change message is the thing to do.

As a test, you can try connecting the MIDI Out of the Ground Control Pro directly to the Infinity MIDI In... If it starts to work this will let you know that the message is just not making it all the way to the Infinity when everything is connected... likely something in between needs to be programmed to allow MIDI Thru.
If it still doesn't work then it probably is that the Infinity is not on the same Midi Channel as the Instant Access button is set to send.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:06 am 

OK thanks. I was trying to use the function in the Infinity where it "learns" the midi channel being sent to it after hitting the stop switch during startup (as per manual). Didn't know you can assign the midi channel via their software. Under Tools>Global settings you can manually assign the midi channel. Everything works now. Thanks for showing me where to look to get the IA midi settings on the GCP. I can now no longer say I'm new to midi.

One thing though...when connected to the GCP I need to press the IA button twice to activate the Loop states - but pressing the switch on the pedal itself only requires one press. This is consistent through all loop states on Infinity...Is there anything I can troubleshoot on GCP or likely an Infinity issue?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:23 pm 

OK - I had to set the GCP IA switch settings to momentary for the controller to act the same as the pedal. Had to do it independently for each switch. All working now as I want.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:44 pm 

JayCan wrote:
OK thanks. I was trying to use the function in the Infinity where it "learns" the midi channel being sent to it after hitting the stop switch during startup (as per manual). Didn't know you can assign the midi channel via their software. Under Tools>Global settings you can manually assign the midi channel. Everything works now. Thanks for showing me where to look to get the IA midi settings on the GCP. I can now no longer say I'm new to midi.

Right on!

JayCan wrote:
OK - I had to set the GCP IA switch settings to momentary for the controller to act the same as the pedal. Had to do it independently for each switch. All working now as I want.

I was just constructing a post to cover this... glad you found it on your own! With the Instant Access buttons set as Momentary you should be able to also mimic the Short and Long press functionality that the Infinity footswitches have.

I hope that helps!