One Preset MUST always be on?

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
MesaFan

One Preset MUST always be on?

Post by MesaFan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:07 pm

Howdy. Been a PedalPower 2 Plus user for a long time. It looked like the PX-8 Plus was the answer to my dream. First off, the manual is just one step above useless; its description of steps to create a preset are, at best, incomplete and, at worst, just flat wrong. Still, I think I figured out how to create and recall presets.

BUT, it looks like once presets (even just one) have been created, one MUST always be on. There's no way to turn them all off. So, you have to crate an empty preset in order to bypass all of the loops? That's got to be wrong.

Thanks
-ken

MesaFan

Re: One Preset MUST always be on?

Post by MesaFan » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:45 am

Anyone? No one? 10 views, anyway.

As a public service, below are the VoodooLabs instructions followed by the CORRECT steps.
I hope it helps:

Mode select (THIS SECTION IS GOOD)
Use the IA button to select between Instant Access and Preset modes.
The IA button's LED will glow red to show that you're in Instant Access mode.
It will turn green to indicate Preset mode.
All other illuminated LEDs will match the IA button red/green color, so that you can tell at a glance hich mode is selected.

Instant Access mode (THIS SECTION IS GOOD)
Use the bank buttons to select Low (1-4) or High (5-8).
When the display shows L, then buttons A, B, C, D will control loops 1-4.
Pressing either bank button changes the display to H, now buttons A, B, C, D will control loops 5-8.

Save preset (SEE BELOW)
To save the currently active loops as a preset:
1. Press and hold the SAVE button until LEDs blink.
2. Select the bank using up/down arrows buttons.
3. Press the desired preset location, button A, B, C or D, to save the preset.

To save the currently active loops as a preset:
1. Press and hold the SAVE button until the green "SAVE" LED goes out.
Release the "SAVE: button.
The A, B, C, D LEDS will rapidly cycle through the four (4) preset locations.

2. Select the bank using up/down arrows buttons.
3. Press the desired preset location, button A, B, C or D, to save the preset.
The selected preset location will blink then stay on to indicate the patch has been saved.

NOTE: Once at least one preset has been created, the last selected preset will remain on and active until another preset is selected. There is no way to turn ALL presets off.

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:39 pm

Sorry you are having trouble with creating presets. It appears you have it working now however, so right on!

Presets are saved states of the eight loops... so no yo don't necessarily have a way to "turn off a preset" other than to select a new preset that does what you want. Alternatively, you can go back into the IA mode and turn the individual loops off for the current preset, but saving one of the 36 available presets to have all loops off seems an easier task if often need to turn all the loops off.

I hope that helps!

p.s. I'll see about some of your suggestions to clarify the manual better once we return to the Lab after this holiday weekend ;)

MesaFan

Post by MesaFan » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:39 pm

Thanks for the reply, John... and on a holiday, too.

So, it sounds like I have it right and it is doing what it's supposed to do. Cool. Then, it's perfect.
Can't wait to get my board set up for this Saturday.

And feel free to use my directions ;)

-ken