Friedman BE100+Eleven Rack+GCX+Ground Control Pro

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
piterfh

Friedman BE100+Eleven Rack+GCX+Ground Control Pro

Post by piterfh » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:31 am

Hi all. I am a user of a Friedman BE-100, Eleven Rack and Ground Control Pro. I would like to buy a Voodoo lab GCX to perform the functions with Ground Control Pro:

-. Select Amp channels
-. Eleven Rack FX

I have a question about how I would have to make connections to the GCX and if I could make and save presets with Amp and FX. For example:

Preset 1: Clean Channel (Friedman) with chorus, delay and reverb (Eleven Rack)
Preset 2: HBE Channel (Friedman) with delay

PS: Currently I only use the ground control with the Eleven Rack but now I have bought the Friedman and would like to combine the analog sound of the Amp with the FX of the Eleven Rack and save presets to select them automatically.

Thank you!!! :D

JohnClark

Re: Friedman BE100+Eleven Rack+GCX+Ground Control Pro

Post by JohnClark » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:05 pm

The Voodoo Lab Control Switcher would be all you really need to add controlling the Friedman amp channels to this setup.

The GCX would also work, but might be overkill since it would only take two loops to control the amp channels.

Either way, you would need an Insert Point Cable to connect between the switcher and the amp. The Ground Control Pro presets would certainly be able to control both the Eleven Rack and set the amp to the proper channel, no problem.

piterfh

Post by piterfh » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:55 am

Thanks for the answer!!!

One more question, the presets number is limited with the Control Switcher or it's depends of Eleven racks possibilities?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:26 pm

piterfh wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:55 am
Thanks for the answer!!!

One more question, the presets number is limited with the Control Switcher or it's depends of Eleven racks possibilities?
I'm not too sure I understand your question... but a Ground Control Pro has 144 Preset locations when used in the 4 Presets per Bank Mode, or 200 Preset locations when used in 10 Presets per Bank Mode.
A Ground Control Pro preset can control the Eleven Rack and a Control Switcher, no problem... in fact it could independently control eight Eleven Rack units and eight Control Switchers at once.

I hope that helps!