PLEASE HELP SETUP 2 GCX's

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Geoff101

Re: PLEASE HELP SETUP 2 GCX's

Post by Geoff101 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:17 pm

Thanks for all the advice I'm just waiting to get everything setup.

The last question I had was do I need to connect the GCX's with another MIDI cable? Or will I be able to control the GCX #2 with just a regular patch cable from the guitar/pedal loops

nyteowl

Re: PLEASE HELP SETUP 2 GCX's

Post by nyteowl » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:14 am

Geoff101 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:17 pm
Thanks for all the advice I'm just waiting to get everything setup.

The last question I had was do I need to connect the GCX's with another MIDI cable? Or will I be able to control the GCX #2 with just a regular patch cable from the guitar/pedal loops
Since guitar cables do not carry MIDI information, you need to use a MIDI Cable to connect your GCXs. Connect your GCPro to the Pedal In jack on GCX1, then connect a MIDI cable from the GCX1 MIDI Out to the GCX2 Pedal In. After doing that, please refer to the Expanders section on Page 8 in the GCPro manual for instructions on configuring your GCPro to recognize GCX2.
I am not affiliated with Voodoo Lab in any way, but enjoy sharing what little MIDI and signal routing knowledge I've picked up over the years. If you find my assistance helpful, please pay it forward.