It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TC G-Force
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:44 am 

I know, I know..... before anyone says anything I know this isn't the TC forum..... But I posted there, and it's falling on deaf ears. So I thought I'd post here too, seeing as there must be someone here that has a TC G-Force and could help me.

I have my my expression pedal set up to adjust the global volume on the G-Force. This is great, except that it adjusts everything..... It also adjusts the volume of the delays and reverb etc.... as if the volume is wired to the TC output. I suppose what I'm after is to just adjust the dry input signal, leaving the delays and reverb etc to naturally decay.... Is this possible?

David Gilmour

Post subject: Re: TC G-Force
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:15 am 

I think this has to be done per preset but you are looking for Input Level in the Modifiers menu.

First you will need to go into the I/O Setup and assign one of the programmable Modifier Inputs (EXT1 - EXT8) to respond to an unused Control Change number, then assign your Expression Pedal to use this same Control Change number.
After that you will go to any preset that you will want to use this Modifier Input, then go to the Mod. Menu and assign this EXT# to the parameter you want to control. There are quite a few choices here, but Input Level is the first selection in the Matrix screen.
Press Enter to select a Matrix position (or press Exit to de-select).
When you highlight a selected Matrix position, you can press Enter again to edit the curve as well as set the minimum and maximum end points and such.

That should do what you want!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:03 am 

Thanks for this John..... I'll give it a try this weekend.

i used to have g-major, and it was so much easier to get things done.... The G-Force is much more programmable and flexible, and there lies the issue. You have to program everything into it that is pre-set in the G-major.

David Gilmour

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:41 pm 

I've used both and I must say that when you just want a global control it can be a bit of a bummer, but as soon as you want to deviate even slightly the G-Force is way more rewarding in its level of allowed MIDI control. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:17 pm 

is there something in the g-major that you have to change to enable stereo effect loop operation? mine works great when I remove the gcx and run a mono fx loop to one of my heads. as soon as I add the second amp fx loops (right side of the g-major) and the gcx.... the g-major gets no signal. however the gcx system is changing the channels on both amps and channels on the g-major. so confusing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:27 pm 

TYDAdam wrote:
is there something in the g-major that you have to change to enable stereo effect loop operation? mine works great when I remove the gcx and run a mono fx loop to one of my heads. as soon as I add the second amp fx loops (right side of the g-major) and the gcx.... the g-major gets no signal. however the gcx system is changing the channels on both amps and channels on the g-major. so confusing.

If this is in reference to the trouble you were having here here... viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8887 ... then yea, possibly this is the problem. You do need to go into the "I/O" menu and select the Analog input. I don't remember if there is a specific setting for stereo input here :oops: