Pedal Power® 4×4
Audiophile quality analog power for your high-current digital pedals and 9-volt battery classics!
Pedal Power® 4×4 is a linear (analog) power supply that can properly power up to 4 digital power-hungry effects like those from Strymon, Eventide, Line 6, TC Electronic and more, plus 4 standard 9-volt battery stompboxes. Perfect for large pedalboards, Pedal Power 4×4 features 8 completely isolated, filtered, and regulated output sections that will keep your pedals dead quiet and free from high-frequency noise that occurs with digital “switching” power supplies.
Pedal Power 4×4 features an internal thermometer that controls a silent fan keeping the unit cool even under the most adverse heat conditions of outdoor festival stages. Even with poor AC line conditions, it delivers clean, consistent power. Handmade in the USA using the finest components, Pedal Power 4×4 was designed to meet and exceed the needs of our most demanding professional users.
ELEMENTS OF A GREAT POWER SUPPLY
Ground loops cause hum and the solution is to break the unwanted ground path. Isolation is the best way to do it. Unlike many power supplies, Pedal Power isolates every output. This eliminates tone-robbing interaction between other effects. Pedal Power runs everything from vintage overdrives to modern digital marvels in a way other power supplies simply can’t.
Proprietary Balanced Transformer
Typical transformers, like those used in a wall wart, create large magnetic fields that cause hum in any audio path near it. Pedal Power uses custom-designed, ultra-low noise toroidal transformers with separate balanced windings for every output allowing even the most sensitive pedals to be dead quiet.
What’s good for charging a cell phone is NOT good for your pedals. While digital switching power supplies are small and inexpensive, they also generate noise. Pedal Power uses an audiophile quality linear supply for consistently stable, clean, pure power.
Pedal Power 4x4 Features
- 8 isolated outputs
- Four (4) 9V 400mA outputs (2 with 12V option)
- Four (4) 9V 100mA outputs
- All outputs compatible with standard battery-powered pedals
- Linear regulation and toroidal transformer for lowest possible noise
- Delivers clean, consistent power even with poor AC line conditions
- 18V operation and currents up to 800mA using optional doubler cables
- Temperature-activated cooling Fan
- Includes DC power cable kit and detachable AC line cable
- Hand-built in the U.S.A.
Pedal Power 4x4 Specifications
- IEC connector:
- 120V 50/60Hz (North America model)
- 100V 60Hz (Japan model)
- 230V 50/60Hz (Europe/Australia model)
- Model and input power are marked on the bottom of unit.
- 5.5x2.1mm barrel connectors - center negative
- Short circuit protected
- Included Cables
- Standard polarity DC cable 8-pack (part # PPPK-8)
- Special Features
- Custom-designed, ultra-low noise toroidal power transformer
- Temperature controlled variable speed fan
- Dimensions: 7" wide x 3.4" deep x 1.8" tall (178 x 86 x 46 mm)
- Weight: 2 lbs. (907g)
- 5-year warranty in North America. Other regions contact your country's distributor for warranty details.
Pedal Power 4×4 Outputs
9V 400mA Outputs (x2) For powering high current digital effects. Standard battery-powered effects can also be powered using these outputs.
9V/12V 400mA Outputs (x2) Dual port outputs with 9V and 12V options for powering high current digital effects. Standard battery-powered effects can also be powered using these outputs.
9V 100mA Outputs (x4) Outputs for powering standard 9V battery-powered effects.