Sparkle Drive® MOD
All the tones of the original Sparkle Drive, plus 3 custom mods from punchy and modern to thick singing lead!
Sparkle Drive MOD delivers all the overdrive tones of the original Sparkle Drive, but with a twist. Using the MOD switch, you can select the stock 808-based circuit, or instantly pick from 3 different custom modifications. Whether you need more gain, tighter bass response, a more vocal midrange, or a thick and juicy lead tone, Sparkle Drive MOD gives you the tools to get there.
In VINTAGE mode, you get the classic tube-style midrange grind that’s great for blues or for boosting your solos. Mod 1 is the LEAD circuit with extra gain, a thick and juicy bottom end, and smooth highs that are perfect for single-note melodies. Mod 2 delivers punchy “mid cut” RHYTHM tones that are great for chunky rock power chords and funk. Mod 3 gives you the HIGH GAIN treatment with articulate highs and an aggressive bottom end.
Features also include a unique “clean” control that allows you to blend in a boosted direct signal restoring the attack and feel. Switching is true bypass via gold-contact relay.
Sparkle Drive MOD Features
- Create multiple, layered amp sounds - one clean, one overdriven
- Four unique overdrive/distortion circuits: Stock, Lead, Rhythm & High Gain
- 100% clean boost circuit with tons of output
- True bypass switching via high-reliability gold-contact relay
- Plexi Top Panel
- Hand-built in the U.S.A.
Sparkle Drive MOD Specifications
4.75” x 3.75” x 2” (121 x 95 x 51mm)
1.15 lbs. (520g)
9V DC, 35mA
Power Input Type
5.5mm x 2.1mm barrel connector, center negative polarity
5-year limited warranty in North America. Please contact your region's authorized Voodoo Lab distributor for warranty service outside North America.
- VINTAGE Mode – Original Sparkle Drive! The classic tube-style midrange grind that’s great for blues or boosting solos.
- MOD 1 – LEAD circuit with extra gain, a thick and juicy bottom end, and smooth highs perfect for single-note melodies
- MOD 2 – Delivers punchy “mid cut” RHYTHM tones that are great for chunky rock power chords and funk.
- MOD 3 – Gives you the HIGH GAIN treatment with articulate highs and aggressive bottom end.
GAIN – This sets the gain level for the overdrive sound only. It has no effect on the “clean” signal. Use low settings to warm up and compress your tone. Turn it up for additional sustain and saturation.
TONE – Turn it up for a brighter sound, down for darker. It is for the overdrive only and has no effect on the “clean” signal.
CLEAN – Blends the boosted clean signal with the overdrive. All the way down is overdrive only. All the way up is clean only. In between is a blend of both clean and overdrive.
VOLUME – Sets the output level.